Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone Here from Ct? >

Anyone Here from Ct?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone Here from Ct?

Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Anyone Here from Ct?

Just found this site and by the looks of it ,I will be here for a while.OMG this this a lot of reding here.Anyhow just wondering if anyone here is from Ct and how your season is going so far.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone Here from Ct?

I was born in Bridgeport and grew up in Stratford but I live in Maine now. Much less crime but the money isnt as good here. Unfortunately other out of staters had the same idea (get away from the crime & rat race) but they bring it here with them and their city attitudes so it wont be long before we get as bad.The deer are much bigger here as welllol. Never actually hunted CT but Ive been told its fun. Lots of deer and you can shoot a couple.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Spike

Greetings,

CT is a tough state to hunt in and getting tougher every year as land becomes less available and the habitat matures.

I live in northwest CT. I am in the middle of upland bird now. In a week and a half, it is back to deer for Public land A and private land. Then it is black powder.

Where are you located?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Spike

I'm from Chester but attend school in Vermont. I got my public land shotgun A permit this year. Will be in the bush on the morning of the 17th, can't wait!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 AM

I am from the Milford area but mostly bowhunt Fairfield county area.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:35 AM

Hello gentleman,
I too just found this site which is great because I'm always looking for guys fromConnecticutto talk huntin' with. I'm from Southbury. I'm already like the kid on Christmas Eve and can't wait until the 14th. Had great luck last year taking 4 deer. A 6, a nice 8 (dressed out at 176)(which I can't use as my avatar for some reason.) I also shot a 7 yr. old doe (according to the check station DEP folks) and 1 lastdoe with the Thompson. I can only hope for a fraction of that good luck. Gonna try my last few days on State land with the bow.

Can anyone offer their opinion to this....found an impressiverub line on the edge and in a pretty dried up swamp. I would say there were 8 or 9 in a very concentrated area (about the size of asingle baygarage)on trees from 2 -3 inches in diameter with decent gouges.Would you think this is just a passing buck, one with a home or several deer?Didn't see any scrapes though.