Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Gander Mt in Trouble? >

Gander Mt in Trouble?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Gander Mt in Trouble?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Gander Mt in Trouble?

And I wonder to those guys that forgot the Mom and Pop archery shops/ gun shops etc will wonder where they went if Gander ever closes.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 AM
Host of Hosts

And I wonder to those guys that forgot the Mom and Pop archery shops/ gun shops etc will wonder where they went if Gander ever closes.
I still buy 95% of all my gear from my local pro shop. I'd buy it all there if he had every brand of item I was looking for. Unfortunately he can't stock it all.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I was at Gander Mountain in Kingston NY recently. I noticed that they really jacked up the prices on all firearms. I'll be shopping somewhere else for sure.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM

beleive it or not i got my bow from d i c k s and it was 89 dollars cheaper than gandar. so for now on ill be at dicks i mean most of gandar staff is more educated. but there pricing seems high to me on what i need compared to dicks.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

If and when I buy something for hunting I shop around. I've yet to find anything at Gander that was cheaper then D I C K'S sporting goods. I'd go to Bass Pro in Auburn but really never have the time it takes to drive out there.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

the economy is not good right now,all stores are hurting..
first,all are to expensive..
gm is more expensive than D I C K S,D I C K S is more expensive than wal-mart..

bass pro shop prices are awful,so is cabelas..

all are losers..
then throw in shipping costs,all are in deep trouble..

go into wal-mart and you will find everyone in 1 area..FOOD..

soooooooooooooooooooooooo, a big crash should happen next year in economy,if not sooner............
Old 10-06-2007, 05:02 AM
Host of Hosts

OK now I'm done with Gander Mountain. I went to get one of those Steel Skull Plate thingys for and old set of antlers I had. I forget the proper name for them. Anyway they had either white painted or polished steel. I opted for the steel one. They were both hanging side by side with 19.95 tags haning under each one. There was also a large box over head with the same picture, name ect on it but was for some reason 35.00. So I grabbed one from the rack where it said 19.95 and proceeded to the checkout. 2 lines open one was the return desk and the other was cashing people out. After waiting 10 minutes I get rung up and she says %$.00 and some odd cents. I got a couple ohter things. I asked how much it was for the mount kit and she said 35.00. I told her that the tags both said 19.95. She replied ... No not this one. I said forget it I don't want it for that 35.00. She gave me an attitude and litterally threw the item across the counted ( this thing is steel now) and hit some other stuf that people obviusly didn't want and knocked over about 3 or 4 items on the floor. By this tme there was about 6 people behind me all wondering what the heck just happened. I won't spend another dime atGander Mountain.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

I start price shopping at the 2 locally owned shops and then campare prices with DSG and Gander. If the price is close (within a few bucks) and they have what I want, then the local guy wins.If there is a major price difference or the locals do not stock the item....may the best man win! Last year I felt really bad because Ibought my Diamond Triumph bow from Bass Pro. The reason was a no brainerbecause I had won $400.00 in gift cards. ButI had my local guy set it up and tune it for me. He is a Bass Pro dealer that offers a 10% discount on anything in their catalog. I work for a locally owned company and truly appreciate what it means to keepour purchaseslocal. I would say the majority of my purchases are local.I have 2 excellent shops within 3 miles of my house but neither one has a bow range.