Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 kill all deer in PA >

kill all deer in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

kill all deer in PA

Old 09-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

I sometimes drive down to Bucks County to hunt. It does not surprise me. I wouldn't let dirty underwear out of sight in that County.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
I sometimes drive down to Bucks County to hunt. It does not surprise me. I wouldn't let dirty underwear out of sight in that County.
You no what? Someone did steal some dirty underwear from my line!!! LOL!! Your Spot on. I work the the DCO Warden in Bucks co and the stories he tells me about some of the CLOWNS out there is UNREAL!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Pay attention to the guy from maryland. I hunted there for about 15 years, maybe longer. When Maryland went to the liberal deer slaughter, the hunting where I went was done in 3 years. In the beginning the herd did need thinning. I used to hunt Indian Springs and there were always plenty of deer killed there. The last time I hunted there was on a first day of rifle. Around noon time I heard 2 fast shots. That was it the whole day. The Doe tags used to be a lottery. I still hunt in West Virginia, and they have gone the same way. The WMA I hunt went from no doe tags to lots of doe tags. It slowed the buck kill down like crazy.
In PA I have seen areas go dead. Places you could always count on seeing doe have no sign of them and I am not talking 100 yards or less off a road. It is getting better. Nobody wants to hunt the mountains anymore, so it is taking the pressure off some of the deer. I did a slow hunt across one of the mountains here the last day of rifle and did not see a single hunter and did have a deer get up and sneak off on me. I don't know what it was, but I would not doubt that there were more that did the same and I did not catch them.

The thing that pisses me off is the way the Game Commission talks down to hunters as if we are retarded children. Over the years they have told plenty of lies and they simply deny it.
That aside, there are still plenty of deer in PA, they are just not accessible to most hunters.
One problem with your theory Mr. Plummer, Indian Springs has not and never had the liberal deer bag limits that are in place in all the counties east of Washington County.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

You are misinformed. I was still hunting there when the new kill limits started. Indian Springs was included. When I first started hunting there the doe tags were a lottery and the hunting license was still displayed on your back. If I remember correctly, Washington County was split about in the middle. I never hunted the western area but you are right about less deer tags over there.