Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 hey MD guys, need some opinions >

hey MD guys, need some opinions

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hey MD guys, need some opinions

Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 PM

Default RE: hey MD guys, need some opinions

I have not hunted in elk neck state forest and you should not either.Now I will tell you why. If you go a little further down the road you have elk neck state park which has some very good hunting.There are 3 places you can hunt in the park.
Cater conference area- gun hunting , bow hunting
Rouges Harbor- bow hunting only
Turkey point area- bow hunting only

Rouges and turkey you make reservations. The hunting starts the last day or 2 in october and ends the 2nd or 3rd week of december.You can sign up at the ranger station.You can make areservations mid october I believe. There will be people camping out the night before to get the first day to hunt ( make reservation ).Turkey point is 3 to 4 hundred acres I think.Rogues is only 70 to 80 acres. There are some bruisers in there. If you can shoot a bow you will kill deer. Period. Call them up and get all the info. You have to shoot a doe first but usually thats not a problem.It gets hunted hard but the number of deer there will blow your mind.Send me a pm and I can tell you more things if you want. Maybe we can even hunt a day or 2 together.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:17 PM

beakaleg-i just sent you a pm. for some reason its not showing in my "sent" box, so if it didnt go thru just let me know and ill resend it. but yea, im glad to hear someone else hunts this area. by the dates you listed above, does that mean that there is no bowhunting at any of the properties on the bow opener sept 15? or are the dates you listed just got firearms? i hopebowhunting starts on the openerbecause i would like to scout this weekend and get a nice spot ready for sept 15. when you hunt there, do you go way in the back or just stay within a few yards of the main trail? i mean its not a million acres ya know, but im sure there is some room to roam. i hunted there last year and shot at a doe but made a bad shot and missed her completly, which im happy about b/c i didnt wound her. i saw massive tracks and poopand saw a few deer but they were simply to far from me (exccept for the one i missed she was prob. 30 yards). but yea, i would like to hunt with ya, that would be cool. you said there are some bruisers in there? have you killed any there? ok, i guess i have typed enough, i start typing about hunting and get excited and cant stop. lol. thanks for the info bud
Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't mind driving, I have 35 acres of private land that is loaded with deer in PG county down off of 210. Its bow only. Let me know and I can take you out with me.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 PM

I just sent you a Pm, for some reason its not showing in my sent box, so if it doesnt come through, just let me know. im not sure why it didnt showup, its weird. let me know and if it doesnt ill send it again or post it here. thanks a million rob, thats very kind of you. about how far from baltimore, MD is it?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just dropped you a pm about it. Its about 15 minutes from Andrews AFB. By the National Colonial Farm musuem.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank god
Old 08-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Robb92

If you don't mind driving, I have 35 acres of private land that is loaded with deer in PG county down off of 210. Its bow only. Let me know and I can take you out with me.
Hey Robb92,
If you ever need a hunting buddy, let me know! I lost my only two spots to new housing developments here in Edgewater. I'm just up the road here off of RT 214(Central Ave).

Now I'm trying to get on to Ft. Meade (I plan on swinging by MNHA and joining today - I work near/at the FT). And of course I'm trying to find something local/private but that is kind of tough this late in the year. Oh well such is life!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

delete