Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Very Important Issue in PA "NOW" >

Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

The Region 7 Game Commission Seat is open and an avid hunter and involved citizen is one of the preeminent candidates. His name is Jay Delaney.
Jay is heavily involved in getting youth into PA hunting. He is also very heavily involved in re-establishing wild pheasants in PA.
Jay has been recommended by every interviewing body or individual. His name has been passed to the governor.
Jay is a member of the National Rifle Association, The North Branch Land trust and the Mehoopany Creek Watershed Association.
He is one of the founding members of the Northeast Pennsylvania Chapter of Pheasants Forever #803 and also serves as the Youth Chairman and he has a Mentored Youth Pheasant Hunt scheduled for 35 Junior Hunters on October 7, 2006.
Jay also hunts for turkey, bear, deer, grouse, woodcock and is an avid fisherman of the Susquehanna River and many of the local trout streams.
Having Jay sitting on the Board of Commissioners will be an asset to all hunters in PA. Those of today, and those to come.

Jay is running against a Mr. Powell, who is an attorney.
Powell was “NOT APPROVED BY THE GOVERNOR’S SPORTSMEN’S ADVISORY COUNCIL.”

BUT --- HE MAY GET THE APPOINTMENT!

WHY?
Coming out of H-Burg today is word that Steve Crawford, the Governor’s legislation liaison, who is close with Rep. Staback and Rob Miller, has convinced the Governor that they will need Stabacks’ votes on some tax increase issues, and Powell --- is Staback’s man.

No matter what we may agree or disagree on here, we should not let this happen.
There simply is no comparison in candidates. One is “one of us” and the other is a political whim.

Call or write, or at the very least, send an email to express legitimacy in making this appointment.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Governor/govmail.html

Also the mailing address is: Governor Edward G. Rendell
225 Main Capitol Building
Harrisburg, PA17120

Phone - 717-787-2500

PA Senate Members:

www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/senators_alpha.cfm
Old 02-16-2007, 04:10 PM

Default RE: Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Thats the game of politics. The only e=mail Ive sent out was to my state legislator & senator on the g/c deer management fiasco and they agree. So having your man in there on a deer subject of seasons & bag limits will fall on deaf ears. The way votes go now on the deer wars it,s always 4-2 let me see we got our Palones, Schleiden, Isabella, stay the course people.So if your guy gets in it will be a vote of 4-3 same difference the hunters lose again. Thats why the g/c didnt get their license increase politics got involved BIG TIME who are we the hunters of this commonwealth to question the g/c policy on any matter. NorthPa welcome to the world of politics put your seatbelt on cause its gonna get worse.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:57 PM

Nice of you to be so concerned about hunting and the future of our heritage, Mr. Maturity.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

That, sadly, is the way things work. I am amazed, with all of the bickering PA "stuff", there has not been more response that this. I hope the "right" person gets appointed. If he doesn't, there is some good ammo for the masses to rally/b!tch about. Check out NY's issue with the new Gov's appointment for new DEC commisioners. Not much better.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:31 PM

Come on NorthPa. On h.p.a.they got more replies than this. Those boys over there are going to march around the Governors Mansion.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Host of Hosts

Message sent. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Ditto on the message sent.

Actually I sent 2.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

message sent!

thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:32 AM

Yup, I lifted much of this post from HPA, with permission and a thank you from the original poster.

I'll repeat, we all "claim" to have a love of the outdoors, despite our differences. Supposedly, the various types and personalities who hunt and cross paths afieldshare a common passion.

Admittedly "this is the way it works" -- sometimes.
It works this way because "we" allow it to work this way.
Until very recently we would never have known of such shenanigans until it was too late. That wasthen. Now we have the Internet and we "do" know, with enough forewarning that we "can" affect change.

The question is -- will we?

One merely has to decide if they want to be represented by a person who understands the various concerns, has experience in our hunting heritage and has worked very hard to ensure and promote the future of hunting.

Or, do they want a polictically leveraged appointment?

For all the disssatisfaction expressed over past appointees -- grocery store clerks, business owners, non-hunters, you would think all sides would quit spitting long enough to band together on this issue.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: 3 gobblers

Thats the game of politics. The only e=mail Ive sent out was to my state legislator & senator on the g/c deer management fiasco and they agree. So having your man in there on a deer subject of seasons & bag limits will fall on deaf ears. The way votes go now on the deer wars it,s always 4-2 let me see we got our Palones, Schleiden, Isabella, stay the course people.So if your guy gets in it will be a vote of 4-3 same difference the hunters lose again. Thats why the g/c didnt get their license increase politics got involved BIG TIME who are we the hunters of this commonwealth to question the g/c policy on any matter. NorthPa welcome to the world of politics put your seatbelt on cause its gonna get worse.
more of the same...not surprising...grow up.

Quick Reply: Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.