Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Very Important Issue in PA "NOW" >

Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Old 02-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

What are you talkin about.What's your point with respect to a good topic on "Important issues in PA NOW".You go off on some wild tangent that has no bearing on the discussion much less anything intelligent to do with wildlife management.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: AJ52

What are you talkin about.What's your point with respect to a good topic on "Important issues in PA NOW".You go off on some wild tangent that has no bearing on the discussion much less anything intelligent to do with wildlife management.
True. Heres an interview of this topic on Shooshtime I seen you have to google shooshtime and click on the first link. I believe it's the first video on the second page. Warning some graphic material on that site though but it will relate to this topic.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 AM

3 Gobblers, you were the one who side-stepped the topic with your whining. Deer handler also could not stay on topic.
As for "hunting topics only" -- look around.
This forum has everything from deer and elk farms, to Grannis appointment in NY, to someone moving to CT., theyr'e after our guns, anyone hunt in 5C -- on and on. How many of non-hunting posts did you participate in?

THE FACT IS THAT PGC COMMISSIONER APPOINTMENTS HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING.

It seems a couple of you are just not mature enough to discuss or participate on an adult fashion.

Most "hunters" overcome negatives by their own efforts, whether they are in the woods and fields or in the politics that invariably play a role.
It takes an gumption to do more than whine........
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, lets forget the differences here and focus on the real issue.

None of us wants to see a Game Commisionner appointment of an unqualified crony for political payback. That's the only issue here. Next time it could well be a PETA member if we dont let ourselves be heard!!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Amen to that.

At least all of the previous "political cronies" had backgrounds that included past involvement in conservation, hunting and the outdoors. Only one current candidate has a proven track record in such things and was deemed qualified by the appropriate council who reviewed his accomplishments and interviewed him.

On the upside, I discovered yesterday that his Senator knows him personally and therefore, shealsoknows of his qualifications firsthand. That his poltical connections amount to merely being known by his Senator, works fer me. He has no one other than his peers (fellow hunters), working on his behalf. The other guy is being supported in the interests of political payback and back room deals.

It's a no brainer for most of us, who the better candidate is.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Been writing the big shots for the last year. By the looks of it, the House Game and Fish Comhave been listening
Old 03-11-2007, 05:18 AM

Glad to see you're supporting Delaney, High Country.
The HG&F Committee strongly supports his appointment.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 PM

Makes no difference who gets in there. The BOC has been overrun with the EMP mindset. Guys like you, who support this mindset, made your beds. Now sleep in it.[:'(]
Old 03-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NorthPA

Glad to see you're supporting Delaney, High Country.
The HG&F Committee strongly supports his appointment.

Who is on the committee ?

Pa. lawmaker not pleased with Game Commission committees

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Game Commission
• A state lawmaker is going after the Game Commission for the way it runs its citizens advisory committees.

The committees are made up of sportsmen, farmers, forest landowners, conservationists, and others. Their purpose is to make recommendations to the commission on whether deer populations should go up, go down or stay the same in a particular wildlife management unit, based on deer-human conflicts.

There are four advisory committees in place this year, in wildlife management units 1B, 2C, 3B, and 5C. They are to finalize their recommendations before the end of March.

The problem is that the commission won't say publicly who is serving on each committee, nor will it allow the public to attend the groups' sessions.

State Rep. Bob Godshall, a Montgomery County Republican, took the agency to task over that stance at its January meeting. Then, this week, he introduced legislation that would require the commission to make all advisory council meetings public and post the names of committee members on its web site.

-- Bob Frye

Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Public info on CAC is just about nonexistant as are the names of the players involved. As a sidenote, how many of you took the time to communicate, like I did,with Mr Delaney to see what input he could add to the BOC?

From our communications, I feel that he would add balance to the BOC. I support him 100%. Afterall, the PGC mission statement is about managing wildlife all Pa residents, not just hunters. Nothing wrong with having a non hunter aboard ship representing 92% of the nonhunters in this state that Robert, Dennis, and others are talking about. I believe Robert and Dennis refer to them as "stakeholders". I don't see where the problem is. Gov Rendell is giving you the balance that you want so bad, and now you are squawking and crying and whining about it. Talking out both sides of your mouth comes to mind here.

A whole new door in wildlife management has been opened for you folks. Learn to live with it.

Quick Reply: Very Important Issue in PA "NOW"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.