Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
The anti's working with the HUNTERS >

The anti's working with the HUNTERS

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The anti's working with the HUNTERS

Old 01-01-2002, 08:00 AM

Default The anti's working with the HUNTERS

In todays Starledger 01/01/2002, the Anti's are going hot and heavy after Princeton's Deer hunt by the Pro's. They are saying that the Pro's way of hunting with a Bolt gun is inhumain. They may allow NJ hunters in There. If not with a gun then with a Bow. not a bad article.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:38 AM

Default RE: The anti's working with the HUNTERS

http://www.nj.com/mercer/times/index...-IAQR1LCB.html

After reading that article, I dont think the Antis are working with hunters, I think they are just trying to stop the deer from being killed. They dont even seem to want to admit there is a problem.

Hunters could solve the problem if given the chance, and the resources. Give them an extended archery season and some land to hunt on. Maybe some kind of bounty for harvesting deer in this area. Currently the town is contracted to pay $3,000 for every deer that the Pro's kill. Give each hunter a free hunting license instead. Just an idea.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:59 PM

Default RE: The anti's working with the HUNTERS

I think you are right bowman after reading the article it sounds like they want their cake and eat it too.The more they fight about how to eliminate the problem the more serious the problem becomes.They never will admit if deer are left alone with out natural preditors to control the population that it will get out of hand.Sometimes I think they are blind even when the problem is right in front of them.All you have to mention is some have to be killed to solve the problem.Most will eat beef and pork yet never say a word and never visit a slaughter house to see how they are killed.