Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 working on getting atv's for disabled hunters >

working on getting atv's for disabled hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

working on getting atv's for disabled hunters

Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 PM

Default working on getting atv's for disabled hunters

hey guys i am working on a deal to help get atv's in the hands of disabled and POOR hunters, i have two sources i am working with one is a dealer and the other is polaris manufacturing, not all will be able to get one but i am hoping to get 10 total, some used but as many new ones as possible,the idea has come up for a drawing to see who would get one, others have said to have an essay on why you would benefit from having one and submit it , all the details are not worked out yet,as to what should happen when the disabled hunter can no longer use it -should it be a loaner type of thing or(any ideas as to how to keep the machines working for the disabled to hunt and not given to someone who doesnt need it) any comments or ideas welcomed, i already have a few of you in mind -so respond you may be the one i am thinking of
Old 01-11-2005, 08:09 AM

Default RE: working on getting atv's for disabled hunters

This would be great if you can pull it off. I would sure like to get one. You may be able to have a company, organization or group have it set up like a lease, loner or rental. The company, organization or group would actually own it. That way someone would need to have it approved through the company, organization or group before giving it to someone else. Charlie
Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Heya Onebullet,
That's a very ambitious plan but if you can pull it off, my hats to ya I like the idea of getting a used ATV to putt along with even if it's 2 wheel drive. Alot of people turn those in for newer models.

Ican had a very good suggestion. I would think it would have to be a national non-profit. 50 states - 50 ATVs. Perhaps go and signup for useage? I would suggest a name like DisabledtoField! or some such.

Anyhow, perhaps a permanent HC sticker could be put on them.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:24 PM

you bet its ambitious, and is not going to be easy,but it will work, have already gotten good feedback from suppliers, passed on the comments from here concerning name and was voted to be a good name, i must explain this is not just me who is working on this,but a whole group of blackpowder shooters with a club name and membership totaling 14

there are no problems--- only solutions-

but if i cant get people to show interest here how will i show manufactures that we need their help--and allow them to show they care-and have the PR

its up to you
GOD willing- this will happen
Old 01-11-2005, 09:34 PM

ps someone also suggested the names

donor-loaner?

wheels for legs atv's?

disabledmobiles LTD?

disabledtoable ORG?

i know we can git the right name if we try hard enough ----help is appreciated

the enabler?

care carts?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

Names I would suggest would be having to do with enable Disabled to go to the field.

AccessOutdoors
DisAbledOutdoors
WatchoutIhaveagun

Anyhow, I don't know how my mobility is in the field, never really tried but I know I can't do the hiking I use to do. Nowhere near. My disability is strokes. But I'm more than happy to help to get the ball rolling for other disabled people.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:00 AM

Hey There One Bullet , I'm new to this forum and was just reading of your quest for these A.T.V's . Great idea you've got there. A lot of people don't realize most of us disabled folks are on a fixed income and something, like having use of an A.T.V, for the hunting season, is just a far away dream. My hat is off to you sir. If i can be of any help please e-mail me. ...KENNY.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I may make a suggestion I would think that the new one with the "step-thru" design would be the most adaptive for the obvious reason. I think it's the new John Deere? Anyone?

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

I think onebullet is trying to used atv's. Prolly trade-ins.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 PM

Hey all Im back, my hard drive decided to take a nose dive so I had to save my funds to buy another hard drive but Im back and it feels great to be amoung all my friends. Onebullet thats one mighty fine plan ya got I sure hope it works. I have been thinkin about buying an old broken down riding mower get it running and remove the deck which would give me enough ground clearance and try that to get in to the woods. Anything would be better than shootin from your car window. Jimmy

Quick Reply: working on getting atv's for disabled hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.