Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 The PGC does listen! >

The PGC does listen!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The PGC does listen!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:39 AM

Default RE: The PGC does listen!

I'm not sure SUnday hunting would bring significant $$$ to the PGC. There is a lot of speculation that it would help local economies, in food, lodging, fuel purchses etc. But the number of additional licenses that might be sold is questionable and that revenue might be expended on theadditional financial burden of regulating Sunday hunting. It might shake out as a break even, or worse.

My only thought is that the PGC should be in sound financial shape simply as a positionto operate from in administering any programs.
Kind of like the stock market, have the $$$ before you start speculating.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

The NSSF survey as well as other sources say that "lack of time to participate" is the number one reason that people cite as the reason for no longer going hunting (IE: buying a license)

Helping stem the decline in license sales would be the first step in solving the PGC's financial woes until congressional democrats stop their practice of poltical extortion over the PGC's rate increases.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:37 PM

BTB,

I agree with it being a near impossible sell in PA. But it is a proven tool in herd improvement both in numbers and in age class. There has to be some sort of give and take on the hunters part as well as PGC. I am absolutely for Sunday hunting, I think PA or NJ would see a 15-25% rise in revenue with Sundays being put into season. I dont know about everyone else on here, but i can wind up working 6 days a week at the drop of a hat, granted I have the luxury of turning overtime down, but I am a lucky one in that respect.