Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Listen to this....

Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Listen to this....

Not sure if this is the right spot to put this in but I just couldn't believe what I was reading.

Earlier, a member of NAACP-Atlanta Chapter commented on the Michael Vick case and it wasstated in an articlethat White said he does not support dogfighting and considers it as bad as hunting (link to article below).

Since when does a responsible hunterreplicate dog fighting, rape stands, electrocution indeer, elk, etc. hunting?Or how?I am sorry,does he know how his steak or chicken came to his plate?Don't know about anyone else but I have never tried to pit two elk together to have them bite and tear each other's skin off. What a joke. The humanity of it all.

Tim

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/08/22/bc.fbn.vick.naacp.ap/index.html
Old 08-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Listen to this....

That's a shame, a real shame.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:54 AM

Just goes to show how ignorant people are. Hmmm, that nice juicy steak ust magically appeared all trimmed nice and pretty at the supermarket. If they only knew....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

What would you expect from a duck, but a quack??

Maybe Vick can ask them for a job when he gets out (prison is probably considered a "resume builder" there (he can be just likeMarion Barry))
Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

The thing is they know where their food comes from but all is forgiven because it goes to the supermarket and they dont have to see or think about it. Its in a package ready to cook thats all they care about. And as for us blood thirsty hunters that just like to kill as they put it, we shouldnt be hunting because we could go to the super market. They are a bunch of morons that have nothing better to do then stirs@#!up and they will alwaysthrow in a line against hunters when ever they can.Its pathetic.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:42 AM
NJB

White said,"His mistake was, it was a dog." Is he implying that this behavior is acceptable when perpatrated on other animals?

When a person like this is able to rise to such a prominent position in an organization what does it tell you about the organization itself.

Also, what is a rape stand? I'm not familiar with the term.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:50 AM

I think in terms of his mentioning the mistake was a dog part came from an earlier comment about murdering someone, an actual human and there wouldn't be this much hoopla. Which brings about another, "What the hell is wrong with this guy?"

Not really familiar with a rape stand, just know from reports that it holds female dogs in place for male dogs, breeding basically.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Yes, White was being sarcastic about so much press fordogs,not humans. Good point, actually.

30 to 40 million hunters in the US. If only 1 in 30 of us joined PETA we would be a majority force in the organization worldwide. Then we could attack true abuse of animals while defending ethical hunting.

I know, it's unrealistic, but I have seriously considered joining PETA and showing up in my Remington hat.

SCI might want to consider a press release attacking Vick and praising the NFL for suspending him.