Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

moose in mass!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM

Default RE: moose in mass!

there is a huge bull up behind my house he would look good on the wall
Old 01-23-2007, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: PredatorTrapper

A moose, maybe more than one, was shot this past hunting season in quabbin.
oh i wouldn't know. i haven't heard anything on what happened at the quabbin hunts this year. all i know is noone i hunted with got anything. if one did get shot, ill hear about it soon enough.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

JF5... I believe it is only written permission... we hunt on a friend's land who hunts w/ us. They have about 300 acres.
What will happen to the guys who shoot the moose in Quabbin?
Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 AM

It usually depends on the EPO, the demeanor of the hunter and whether or not they stick around. Could result in a charge of negligence, $50 fine, loss of hunting license for 1 year, or worst case scenario arrest and confiscation of weapons and vehicle. Many people in MA don't realize any violation of MGL's or CMR's is an arrestable offence. If you cannot correctly identify your target in the forest, you shouldn't be out hunting. It is people like this whogive the rest ofus hunters a bad rap in the public eye. It leads to them fearing to be shot at or have thier dog, horse or goats shot.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM

I have to agree with you Trapper. It's pretty scary to here hunters can't tell the differance between a deer and a moose, pretty sad. Alot of tree stands get stolen out here also, mine was one. It was a few years ago. I was in my stand the whole time during bow season than on the finnal day one hunter found me. No others ever saw me except this guy. I left my stand in the tree saturday nightand Sundayfor shotgun on monday. Need i say more? The ass that saw me stole my stand. Should have known better. Bow hunting will never be the same again. I still know what this dip-crap looks like and I'm watching for you. I'm sure alot of you guys have hadthe same problem?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't imagine mistaking a moose for a deer. I have had them come by and even in the thicker cover it has been extremely easy to tell.
I have yet to have a stand stolen... But I do have 3 still out... i hope they are still there... I do not understand why fellow hunters would do things like that....
I have heard of Anti's taking them though...
Old 01-25-2007, 10:31 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I can't imagine mistaking a moose for a deer. I have had them come by and even in the thicker cover it has been extremely easy to tell.
Me too. When I saw that one in '96 while deer hunting it took me about 1.5 seconds to ID it as a moose. And it was the first moose I have ever seen in person. Not many 525lbs whitetails in MA these days..
Old 01-25-2007, 05:13 PM

i think there should be a lottery moose permit system so we could hunt them in ma
Old 01-25-2007, 06:13 PM

LOL...if thy are shooting moose now, which I beleive is just rumor, i'd hate to be out there if they allow moose hunting..may get my butt shot off,scence they can't tell the deferance between a moose and a deer as it is now.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:43 AM

Why are you scared 1falcon, you resemble a moose?

Quick Reply: moose in mass!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.