Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

moose in mass!

Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM

Default RE: moose in mass!

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

ORIGINAL: RustyD02359

At the Plymouth County League of Sportsman MTG we resubmitted a letter in regards to Moose & Coyote. Do not know the content of letter because I missed last months but I assume it was Opening Moose and Extending Coyote.

Went for Bear in Sept in Florida MA and forgot about Moose I heard they were lots out in the woods these days but only had a bear come in, no moose.

Rusty where in Fla. Mass did you go bear hunting I own 180 Ac. in Fla. right off of RT.2 behind the old dump. great bear hunting there.
HeyMike, How about letting me hunt your land? I promis I will not shoot you...1falcon
Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Howdy Mr. Hill! I hit Hawks Mtn. I park by the tracks/bridge. We used to deer hunt on that mtn so I was familiar w/ the territory. Of course we hunted other areas around there. We stayed at a friends uncle, Larry Tilly. He used to deliver mail in Charlemont back in early 80's. I also slept in my truck. Its only my 2nd time going. Last time was about 20 years ago but I was determined to get back out even though I had to go it alone. Nobody to go out with. I would love to be able to have a place to park my truck and sleep w/o worries of being woken up and booted out at in the middle of the night. ANy place I can crash ie sleep on your property? Wanna do bear? I also have pointers if any bird hunting out there. Send me an email if you like. I would love to have a safe haven if I do go again which I hope to get out for a few days. I only went two days. Hope to borrow a 4 wheeler to get the darn thing out if I shoot one. Is it legal for an ATV on Hawks? Did some trout fishin too. WOuld like to try for yotes out there too someday just cause you can use a rifle. Not sure where the dump is/was.
Could use someone to join me in a beer after dinner too. Got some good info talking to the few that were at Mohawk Trailer Park Bar.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure guys you can use my property any time! Easy directions. Follow RT.2 to Fla. After you go by the town barn take the first right. (Church St.) Follow all the way almost to the end. You will see a Brown cabin just befor you go down the hill to the next road. You can park at the cabin and hunt all the way back to Rt.2 with no problem. You used to hunt across the street as well but I havn't seen any one there in years so I would think is still OK. Now if any one botherw you tell them I said it was OK for you to hunt and camp there. I do have a partner named Frank who is a real ass but don't let him push you around you have my permission and he dosn't have any more athority then I do. He is also never there anyway I just say this in case you rn into him. My land is open land for hunting. I wouldn't bother with it for deer though as the population has really been down since the late 80's. But if you want feel free.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Sure guys you can use my property any time! Easy directions. Follow RT.2 to Fla. After you go by the town barn take the first right. (Church St.) Follow all the way almost to the end. You will see a Brown cabin just befor you go down the hill to the next road. You can park at the cabin and hunt all the way back to Rt.2 with no problem. You used to hunt across the street as well but I havn't seen any one there in years so I would think is still OK. Now if any one botherw you tell them I said it was OK for you to hunt and camp there. I do have a partner named Frank who is a real ass but don't let him push you around you have my permission and he dosn't have any more athority then I do. He is also never there anyway I just say this in case you rn into him. My land is open land for hunting. I wouldn't bother with it for deer though as the population has really been down since the late 80's. But if you want feel free.
Hey Mike, Thanks much for your offer. Could you e-mail me and give me your phone # so I may chat with you a bit? If you don't mind?? Thanks..my e-mail is ([email protected])