Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER! >

PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

but why cut all the schools and libraries copies? Won't the kids buy it in the future, like myself? Sorry, just my opinion.
I heard a "RUMOR" at one time that some schools were actually tossing out the free issues and not putting them in their libraries. I don't know what kind of scale this was supposed to happen, but the woman who mentioned it to me had no reason to make up a story.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Given the anti-hunting and anti-gunattitudes of many teachers and school administrators, wouldn't surprise me ifsome of themthoughtPGNews didn't belong in a classroom or school library. We could inquire about it, but none of us can walk into a school library to see if the Game News is there or not. I know they wereinour schoolsup until a few years ago,when a friend of mine was stillthe superintendent, because he is a life-long hunter.

Talked to a young girl yesterday at the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show, who stopped by the NRA booth with her parents. Her dad mentioned a problem she'd had with a teacher, concerning one question on a quiz about safety. The question was about whether it was safer to have a gun in the house, or more dangerous. The girl answered thatit was safer, the teacher scored it as a wrong answer.She and I had alengthy discussion about hercontention that the teacher had scored her quiz incorrectly.

There's at least one morefamily that still cares about such things.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Host of Hosts

It's a shame what the schools aren't teaching the kids. They certainly have agendas. To bad more parents didn't take notice and stop the indoctrination of kids in some schools.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Keeping Game News in theschools is one small step towards keeping children informed and countering the anti-hunting sentiment so prevalent in our educations systems these days.

Another important factor, is the growth of youth shooting programs. Programs sponsored by 4H, NRA and theAmerican Legion are enjoying an upsurge in many areas. Despite all the anti-gun and anti-hunting propaganda they're exposed to, kids are still being taught how to shoot.

That they and their parents support4H/NRA/Legionshooting programs, is one bright spot on the horizon. The Game Commission's YHEC challenge is another, as many of the same kids participate in both.