Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Moose on the Loose >

Moose on the Loose

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Moose on the Loose

Old 01-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moose on the Loose

Apparently there is a moose loose in my town! There has been numerous sightings in the last 2 weeks. Anyone who knows where Swansea is knows this critter is a long way from home.
I just came from the gun club where guys were telling me they saw wardens running around with tranquilizer guns.
What do you think, let nature take it's course or send this moose home to maine or vermont? FYI, it stopped traffic on 195 for an hour saturday night. Moose meets Ford or Chevy could be the next story around here.

Old 01-17-2002, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Moose on the Loose

They are becoming a little more numerous in the southern parts of New England in the past few years, and they do wander a lot I guess. They captured one here in Hartford (Ct) a couple months ago, and one in my town a few years ago. The ones that get into more civilized ares here in CT they tranquilize and send to the Catskills in NY. I have personaly seen 3 so far in CT, including one I followed/chasing a mile down the road this past spring cuz he/she wouldn't get out of road LOL
Old 01-17-2002, 09:55 AM

Default RE: Moose on the Loose

I have heard stories of moose traveling long distances during the rut,and defying anything including cars.It would be a good idea to try and capture it for the safety of it as well as someone else.