Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Pheasant Poacher, small fine! >

PA Pheasant Poacher, small fine!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Pheasant Poacher, small fine!

Old 12-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Pheasant Poacher, small fine!

ORIGINAL: DougE

Holly Molly,how you turn guys road hunting for grouse around to complain about the deer is beyond me.I fail to see how the two are inter-related.Besides,at one point weren't you telling us that's the way they did it during the depression?I guess some Sproul state forest traditions never die.
douge,YOUR PERSONEL ATTACKS, never end..in depression, yes, this was normal but was there a law back then on roadhunting??

i dont think there was,people had to eat then..

today, we have meat stores etc..we have food stamps..

1 guy i heard shot a ton of grouse a couple of years ago..he said at bar, BOY DID I GET MEAT THIS YEAR..

another patron said, YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT 50 TURKEYS FOR THE AMOUNT OF GAS YOU SPENT ROADHUNTING FOR GROUSE..

again, it comes down to thinking today,many only look at MEAT and best way to get it..

that thinking used to be norm in depression but today,i cant figure it out why a person has to kill all those grouse or shoot 5 doe..

Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Sproul,I went out and had no trouble filling 5 doe tags.It was easy and I always saw more that just the onesI shot.With the exception of a regular 3B doe tag,all the rest were dmaps in areas where the habitat waspoor.It simply makes sense to kill deer in those areas.No one else waselse was out there hunting so I took nothing away from anyone else.

What Ican't figure out is why you fail to understand why we need to shoot does.You've admitted in the past that the habitat is terrible.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Sproul,I went out and had no trouble filling 5 doe tags.It was easy and I always saw more that just the onesI shot.With the exception of a regular 3B doe tag,all the rest were dmaps in areas where the habitat waspoor.It simply makes sense to kill deer in those areas.No one else waselse was out there hunting so I took nothing away from anyone else.

What Ican't figure out is why you fail to understand why we need to shoot does.You've admitted in the past that the habitat is terrible.
DOUGE, reason you see no hunters is because we are TRYING to save doe/fawns that are left..then in you come with your dmap permits and shoot them off..this is why we want dmaps done away with and back to county doe permits and 3 day of doe , 2 week of buck..WE NEVER WANTED THESE WMU,THEY WERE ONLY PUT IN TOOO KILL MORE DOE..

solution to better habitat is not wiping out doe,its cutting timber..you know that..

how do you know if 3 deer are left in area that this is too many deer for a mile?dont tell me there are areas in wmu 2g,potter/clinton/cameron that have more than that??
Old 12-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw over a dozen in one group in Cameron county so yes,I'd say you're wrong.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Must of been from a drive and they all grouped up I would have to say. The most I have ever counted in a group walking single file was 35. All was doe and it was during a snow storm. I sat there and counted them as they walked down thru the ravine looking for a buck in that group. I seen 4 of them at the end and not one was under a 6er. This was back in 95 or 96. Now I see groups of maybe 3 or 4 from a drivewith a total of about 12 deer this year.I am sure they was the same ones Iseen before.My job permits me to hunt every day of deer season and that's what I did.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Host of Hosts

I keep saying the fines in Pa should be increased heavily. This is another example.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

I keep saying the fines in Pa should be increased heavily. This is another example.
if PGC would do more robo set-ups and fines were increased,that would be a big plus for them..

i saw more road hunters in dark at 6am using headlights to get deer on dirt roadsthan i ever did..if PGC would put the robo deer out at that time they would catch the HARDCORE roadhunters that are getting away..

the one day a year hunter shows up at daylight and is usually ones that get caught..

Old 12-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

cameron county is in my opinion worst on deer numbers than clinton/potter..i would list cameron first, clinton second, potter third,then elk county..