Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Muzzleloader Maryland >

Muzzleloader Maryland

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Muzzleloader Maryland

Old 12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muzzleloader Maryland

Hm, guess I have all the deer. Been on stand 15-20 times this year. Seen as few as 3, as many as 20. Usually been presented a shot. Had a misfire at 35yds. on a very nice 8 pointer with my CVA Hawken. Decided to take a doe last Saturday; a fat 18 month old. Should take another 2 or 3 does. I hunt my own land and have the best cover and leave plenty of food. I know how fortunate I am, but it takes a lot of work. Plowing, discing, fertilizing, spraying... much of it when I'd like to be fishing. The bucks have gone underground, even for me. They usually reapear in early December but not this year. Maybe it's been too warm.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted Sat morning and saw zero deer. I did see a beautiful gray fox with an all black tail that i would have shot except that my 22 mag was laying on the backseat of my truck 300 yards away. I really want to get him mounted on a pedestal mount.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Any luck with the colder weather guys?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

No luck for me. I was thinking the same thing but I saw nothing moving today. Tomorrow is another opportunity. They gotta eat sometime.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think for me where I hunt the problem is that no one is out and moving them around. I think Sat maybe some guys will be pushing some. I just cant bring myself to walk. I dress warm for the cold weather and get too sweaty if I walk around. [&:]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

I think the late muzzleloader season is not the greatest for deer. The second shotgun season should be good with other guys out there moving them around. They just aren't out for muzzleloader. Until you get them up and moving with drives and people walking around they're only gonna move at night I think. Well for public land that is...[&:]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:39 PM

Yeah I agree
Old 12-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

did anyone else notice a good amount of "270" muzzleloader sounds on Sat?? I know I can tell the difference between a MZ and a high powered rifle, and I know I heard 3-4 rifle shots. There arent that many game wardens in my county and It wouldnt surprise me if people did. [&:]
Old 12-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

That sounds to reason Mossey, doesn't surprize me, of course they were just sighting in or something.[:'(]
Old 12-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went to Meade this morning and sat in the stand I saw 7 out of two weeks ago. Didn't see a single deer. I actually wanted to go goose hunting this morning with my buddies instead, but one couldn't make it (we rescheduled for tomorrow). The other went to the farm mid morning to help out the owner on some work around the place(hence permission to hunt there), and saw lots of small flocks of geese flying overhead and even standing in the cut cornfield next to our blind! [&o]

Quick Reply: Muzzleloader Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.