Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Muzzleloader Maryland >

Muzzleloader Maryland

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Muzzleloader Maryland

Old 12-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: Muzzleloader Maryland

Hunted tonight (Sat) didnt see a deer! First time this season I didnt see at least one ! I only heard one shot at 4:30 P and that was it . I did notice that there werent many hunters in local camps. Lower Eastern Shore.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:21 PM

Went in the AM and did not see a deer, squirrel, goose or anything except birds. Family commitments shot the PM hunt but saw deer moving at dusk while driving home.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

My dad, a buddy of mine and I all saw nothing this morning. THe woods were relatively still minus the squirrels and geese overhead. Seemed like the duck hunters were having a good morning though.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

DaveH saw 5 or 6 in the am, me nothing all day except for the 5 or 6 Dave sawwhen we were trying tofind a tree to set up in from a distance and they bolted out of the coverout the back doorand hi-tailed it across the field. Neither one of us saw anything in the evening. Maybe I should add we were bowhunting.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw five does in the morning traveling together and well out of range. I saw nothing in the PM and there was very light hunting pressure for opening day.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Saw nothing. And this is getting discouraging as i have not taken a deer yet. Had my youngest son with me saturday and well, he did not want to stay still. I'll be out every day this week while the kids are in school.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like the best time to get them now is when they are going from bedding back to feed in the evening. Do you guys concur?

I was thinking of doing some small game hunting in the mornings and deer in the afternoon from here on out.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

I was out Saturday AM, only heard a couple of shots the whole morning. Didn't see any deer, but a little red fox kept me entertained for part of the morning.

Big change from gun season, nobody in the woods and quiet.

-Rick C.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I think they're all nocturnal.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

I think I'll head out this afternoon to another piece of property that I haven't hunted since October. See if I can have any luck with the ML. Otherwise, I'll be taking the bow out today.

Quick Reply: Muzzleloader Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.