Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Changing Deer Season Months >

Changing Deer Season Months

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Changing Deer Season Months

Old 12-09-2006, 03:51 PM

Default RE: Changing Deer Season Months

You can tell the difference between two fawns one being a doe and the other a button at 100yrds just by looking at them? Who said anything about comparing them to an adult doe?I didn't. Who the hell hunts deer in Pa.with a larger than a 2.5 to 10 scope or lugs around heavy glass?Or how many people spend 1000$for these things.Maybe 5% of the hunters.You can't tell just by looking at them.I will call anyone a liar on that if they use reg normequipment.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Host of Hosts

If they had the season before the mating came in would help some.
Could you explain this a little more?
Old 12-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: lead poisoner

You can't tell a BB at 100yrds unless they are spawling with other deer.
you've got to be kidding me right? I can tell a fawn with my naked eye at 100 yards, with todays optics, especially scopes, it's a lock.

I wouldn't shoot the fawn so......

There is a huge difference between a doe and a fawn. Do you need links to see the difference?
i agree with you..same with cub bears..OH I THOUGHT IT WEIGHTED 500 PDS,OH IT WAS ONLY 39..

hunters that shoot small deer are disgusting to me..i even saw a editor of outdoor newspaper with his picture in paper with a 6 month old fawn..

it comes down to this, i asked most i saw why they shoot a FAWN.. here was their answer..

it was only deer i saw and i want my meat formoney for my license..

they taste better..

it looked BIGGER RUNNING through woods,yes RUNNING..

too many deer, we need to kill them..

i am not horn hunter ,i am MEAT hunter..

i could go on..
Old 12-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can tell the difference between two fawns one being a doe and the other a button at 100yrds just by looking at them? Who said anything about comparing them to an adult doe?I didn't. Who the hell hunts deer in Pa.with a larger than a 2.5 to 10 scope or lugs around heavy glass?Or how many people spend 1000$for these things.Maybe 5% of the hunters.You can't tell just by looking at them.I will call anyone a liar on that if they use reg normequipment.
I carry 10X50 Bruntons, I use binos, I don't scope things I'm unsure of, and YES I CAN TELL THE difference between a button head and a doe fawn at 100 yards, sometimes further, first rule of shooting, identify your target.

Like I said I wouldn't shoot a fawn anyway but don't begrudge those that do, just identify your target first.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I carry 10X50 Bruntons, I use binos, I don't scope things I'm unsure of, and YES I CAN TELL THE difference between a button head and a doe fawn at 100 yards, sometimes further, first rule of shooting, identify your target.

Like I said I wouldn't shoot a fawn anyway but don't begrudge those that do, just identify your target first.
i will begrudge them,anyone that shoots fawn is disgusting..

Old 12-11-2006, 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i will begrudge them,anyone that shoots fawn is disgusting..
Opinions are a dime a dozen.
The young tenderloins taiste good anyway.What's the difference between a fawn and a mature deer,Other than the mature deer can have off springs and the fawns most likely cant and taiste better? I might be disgusting to some,But I am eating some good venisonfor sure.It's a freakin animal.I think alot of people should join peta on here.Whats next,Protest veal?Hunters against killing animals of certain age when it is legal.To freakin funny.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Host of Hosts

It's a freakin animal.
Yes it is, and yet you complain the PGC isn't hanlding their responsibilities correctly. But your eating tasty little fawns. I guess you have no reson to complain about deer numbers then do you! Your freezer is full. I think the name "Brown It's Down" is available if you'd like to change yours. NOW that's freakin funny
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

It's a freakin animal.
Yes it is, and yet you complain the PGC isn't hanlding their responsibilities correctly. But your eating tasty little fawns. I guess you have no reson to complain about deer numbers then do you! Your freezer is full. I think the name "Brown It's Down" is available if you'd like to change yours. NOW that's freakin funny
i was able to get to the clubtoday..stories i heard are terrible..

hunters i knew all my life and thought they were great sportsmen,disappointed me..

they shot fawns, most were button bucks..

they seemed to be proud about it..can you believe day has come now that you go to club for beer and friends and they talk about DECKING A BIG FAWN BUTTON BUCK..

what the hell world are we turning into?

it seems that most have to get that meat to pay for that license,no matter if its fawn ..

like i said, i never thought i would see day that hunters would shoot a fawn or mother and whole family of doe and fawns..

i know there are hunters that hate what they see too and pass on doe/fawn..i know a hunter that passed on a 400 pd mother bear and her cubs..

i had gang say to me, they are my friends, they said,SPROUL, WE DROVE ALL OF THE DRY RUN AREA AND ONLY SAW AND GOT 1 DOE..there is no deer out there..

there you have it, what kind of hunters would go into their hunting area and kill off the LAST doe that was in there..

they did..then they wonder why no deer..they said,WELL, IF I DONT KILL THE DEER,SOMEONE ELSE WILL..

no words from me can explain that comment better..

there you have
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

You can't tell a BB at 100yrds unless they are spawling with other deer.
you've got to be kidding me right? I can tell a fawn with my naked eye at 100 yards, with todays optics, especially scopes, it's a lock.

I wouldn't shoot the fawn so......

There is a huge difference between a doe and a fawn. Do you need links to see the difference?
i agree with you..same with cub bears..OH I THOUGHT IT WEIGHTED 500 PDS,OH IT WAS ONLY 39..

hunters that shoot small deer are disgusting to me..i even saw a editor of outdoor newspaper with his picture in paper with a 6 month old fawn..

it comes down to this, i asked most i saw why they shoot a FAWN.. here was their answer..

it was only deer i saw and i want my meat formoney for my license..

they taste better..

it looked BIGGER RUNNING through woods,yes RUNNING..

too many deer, we need to kill them..

i am not horn hunter ,i am MEAT hunter..

i could go on..
The real reason we shoot animals,Sit down there sproulman,We enjoy the kill.It's in a hunters blood to kill animals.It is fun to do.If anyone here disagrees with me,Your a lier.It's about the kill.And we find enjoyment from it.If we didn't,We wouldn't be hunting in the first place and we would be buying dear mounts off ebay.It's greed as you said.Your friend is correct,If he didn't shoot it,Someone else would of.If I seen only one deer on a deer drive.I am shooting it cause it is legal and fun to kill animals.Many on here understand what I am saying about it being fun.It's the rush of pulling the trigger and watching that animal hit the ground.Adrenilin junkies is what you can call us.It is the ultimate ride that is a blast every time you kill an animal.Now you can face the truth or deny it.It is fun to do.I would say everyone gets even a tad bit of a rush shooting at a squirrel all so.I am sure next time anyone shoots a squirrel,Think about it before you squeeze the trigger.The rush will be there. We sugar coat it to look different than what it really is.Now,If you feel sorry for a cub or a fawn,I will ask you what the he!! are you hunting for?You sure don't feel sorry for the mature ones now do you?These will grow up to be the same animals that you are killing when they get older.Now can you and anyone else on here handle the truth I just showed you.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I think what is getting lost in this debate is the impact on hunters. When I was younger I hated the three day doe season because I could never get out of school or get off from work. My first “real” job, I had two weeks of vacation, by the time deer season rolled along I was lucky if I had 3 days left. Today, I work for myself so it doesn’t affect me as much but I think it really punishes young hunters. I like the two week season but I also think the doe allocations need to be re-visited and adjusted accordingly. I’m all for proper deer management but there have to be some considerations made for the hunters as well.

Quick Reply: Changing Deer Season Months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.