Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Rifle Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Rifle Thread

where at in Lycoming county do they hunt? This is where our camp is and I was just curious if it was near there.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

awww man, I miss all the fun! I come in here because I heard about all the nonsense and and thier all gone!!!

Well, I will get my .02 worth in anyway! The picture Eric posted is of his dad, Brother Joe, Uncle Dave, and judging by the orange bibs Id say Kenny? I have hunted with these folks for 3 years now (especially Eric and his father) and I can tell you that these are good people. They are not the typical slob hunters that go out half lit and shoot up stuff! I even call Erics dad POP cause he reminds me of my father and wouldnt mind if he was. So in conclusion let me just say that whatever this morons commments were about the Bearklr family are WAAAAY off. I couldnt ask for better friends!!! See ya in Coyote season Eric!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got home from 3 days of hunting. I sawalot of Doe and passed a few small buck. I was able to bag nice 7-Point with a 19" Spread and heavy mass. My brother shot a nice 17" 9-Point and my father shot a basket 8. I was able to get a doe today!! So far so good!!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Host of Hosts

I hunted in Elk County 2F.. I saw a herd of 8 does at 9:30 and passed on them. I saw 2 more does at 10:15 let them walk too. I didn't see another deer until 2.45 and they were 200 yards away on a dead run.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just hate I missed drinking a beer with everyone after a successfull hunt, congrats to your family bearklr.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

We did pretty good in two daysin Warren County - 2F- I killed a really nice coyote Monday (maybe 30-35#), and we tagged two bucks (a big 4x4 and a decent 3x4). We also had a guy miss a slam dunk shot on another big 4x4 at 40 yards, but not sure what happened there - he's usually a really good shot. He had that deer caped out before he even pulled the trigger. Stranger things have happened, I guess. Two more of our guys lost shirt tails on legal bucks, so if they could all shoot straight, we'd have tagged 5 bucks out of 9 hunters, and 3 of those guys were sleeping off Saturday night's poker tournamentall the way through Tuesday. LOL So, I guess we really only had six hunters. One of the guys that was with us passed up another coyote on Tuesday morning. I didn't have a buck tag, but I did see a decent legal buck that I could've cleaned out, along with two doe.

I had a MONSTER 6x7 killed just around the ridge from me. If that deer would have came through, I might have cried.

Altogether, we didn't see many deer - around 20 combined, but we saw a lot of buck, and a lot of good buck. Lots of long, boring sitting, sweating pushes and thousands of little winged-tick-looking bugs crawling in your hair, but we did see the racks this year. I'd trade seeing the racks for 30-40 doe any day.

...and on the beer issue - it's deer camp. You're out with the boys for 3-5 days, no women nagging, just big buck stories, poker, red meat and beer. There's nothing wrong with a picture of a guy celebrating his kill with a cold one. If he was sitting in the treestand downing a sixer, that's a different story, but clearly, this picture was taken back after the deer was already brought out of the woods.For some of us guys, deer camp will be the only time we escape the wives all year, so don't come down on a guy for having a beer with his buddies after a long day afield.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hummmm - looks like I missed some excitement here.

Looks like another Slob Moderator cleaned things up and spanked somebody.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:14 PM

Green county at 12:30 ,the 7th buck I saw ,hunters all around me no body could hit a deer.Main frame 5x5 with stickers on each G2

Old 11-30-2006, 12:16 PM

The other side.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

dayna, that is a heck of a buck and would definitely be going on my wall...congrats. Mossy, thanks for the kind words you know you are more than welcome at our camp any time and I can't wait for the coyote hunt, we're going to have a blast. Quick, sounds like you guys had a great hunt as well. I know what you mean about seeing more does than bucks but I'm always hoping for the best of both worlds. I have noticed a huge increase in the number and size of bucks taken lately but would also like to see a few more does when I'm out but I'm not complaining. I just like the chance to get out. Funny thing is i was out at my parent's Tuesday to try and fill my doe tag and what walks by but a 5 point Oh well, it just gives me a reason to go out another day although I'm sure my wife isn't too happy about it. Congrats to everyone who got one so far and good luck to those of you still trying.

P.S. AJ, I hope you don't thinkI was calling you guys slobs from my post. Just re-stating anothers words. redhawk can fill ya in.

Quick Reply: PA Rifle Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.