Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Rifle Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Rifle Thread

Took an average size 8 on Mon morning at 7:30 in huntingdon county. Freakin' hunters everywhere and very few were respectful. I'm really starting to get sick of the public land hunting.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

coulda dropped the big one at 6am[:@] 5yds away i could see him and the rack clearly. should been like anyone else and dropped him. him and his buddy walked around grunting all morning...broke light and the woods fell silent. scanned hard and never seen them. 1045 here they come. hard right..im 20foot in my summit viper..cant get turned enough[:@] big one in the lead..trying to make sure hes legal and get turned..hes kinda in a hurry lookin for a place to hide i think. stood up and its nasty thick. could dropped him but i wanted to make sure he was legal. i never got a great look at either buck. the big one had 3 on top for sure and a nice spread but i dont know if he had brows or the other side..i could sworn i seen the other side was broke off i dont know....he walked by. the other ones rack went straight up and looked massive..couldnt tell what he was. im in 100yd strip of wood. fields and a road infront of me with a thick edge and a redbrush/jagar field behind me where they came from. called up the group an hour later...they pushed it all...never to be found. im stumped. sad thing is im almost posative the big one was the one i stuck in bow season and he ducked the string. hit him really high.

rest of the day i dogged it for the sitters. i put out all the deer...first time ever dogging too!! kid shot his first deer(a doe) drive leaders daughter shot a nice little 6pt. and a guy shot a 8pt with about a 14 inch spread...we didnt have a good group. only 3 drivers. me, drive leader, and his daughter. toooo many sitters. they all had kids or were kids. but we did alright. ready for friday and saturday when we got the good group back together. there might be a couple guys hunting this week but not many so they shouldnt do much damage till im back from college
Old 11-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just talked to my dad up in Lycoming county. They got 4 buck the first day. My brother-in-law took his first deer ever after I got him started hunting. It was an average 5 point. My uncle took an 8 point but it had one antler snapped off at the base, my cousin took another 8 point and my dad took this nice 8 as they were heading off the mountain.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

Took an average size 8 on Mon morning at 7:30 in huntingdon county. Freakin' hunters everywhere and very few were respectful. I'm really starting to get sick of the public land hunting.
It's goanna get worse,Everyones posting their land and only place hunters have now are SGL or buy a 300$ a year lease to harvest a deer.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM

I hope those are soda cans these hunters are holding in their hands. If they are what I think they are, it surely can't make for a worse hunting photo!!
Old 11-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Sigh, I saw one deer all day. Luckily, it was an 8 point.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a pic of the one my uncle took.
(Stats on pg. 1)

Old 11-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wehunted 2f, elk county. I got a nice 8 point 1.5 year old buck and my brother shot a monster 10 point, probably 4.5 year old. 20 inch spread, probably score close to 140 my guess. I saw alot of big bucks hanging at some camps around there too.
R.S.B was right. More and bigger bucks there this year!
Pictures will follow a little later.
We both scored on the second day BTW.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:35 AM

I went out in chester county...saw 8 deer, 4 does, 1 bb, 1 barely legal 6, a spike and then at 501 pm....had a nice 8 point 25 yards away but told myself it was too late and passed...

my dad show this one in wayne county....8 point, 20.5 spread and dressed out a like 160lbs

Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nyhunter863

I hope those are soda cans these hunters are holding in their hands. If they are what I think they are, it surely can't make for a worse hunting photo!!
oh...a whole 50 posts and you already feel the need to criticize others, well, at least when your not busy walking on water. I mean, heaven forbid you drink 1 beer with your brothers after a long days hunt. What has this world come to !!! By the way, the hunt was over and the pic was taken back at camp after they were done hunting for the day. All they had was a camera phone and they wanted to send me a pic. The only reason pics like this give hunters a bad name is because of "holier than thou" people like you who make it their mission to point out this stuff to others as if we should hold you on a pedestal because you have never done anything wrong. Which is ironic because ther is nothing wrong being done in the pic but yet you still feel the need to be the photo police. If the hunt is over and we're back at camp and want to celebrate with a beer than we'll drink a freakin' beer. What the he!! has it come to when hunters chastise other hunters over a bud light in a pic.

Quick Reply: PA Rifle Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.