Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 mountain lions in ny >

mountain lions in ny

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

mountain lions in ny

Old 11-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: mountain lions in ny

I always find it amazing with the hundreds of thousands of trail cameras out in the woods that nobody has a verified picture of a mountain lion on it. Every other animal KNOWN to be in the northeast except the mysterious mountain lion. Unfortunately it takes more than my uncle has a pic or I know I saw what I saw to prove it.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:25 AM

Hey, here is everyone's chance. When you go out for the deer opening in NY and you see a mountain lion, SHOOT it! Then take pictures and call your friends and take More pictures.Then you call the local TV station and when they get there and have it on film you call the DEC. While waiting make sure you take a DNA sample, something with hair roots will do,then measure it. Everything, how long, the feet, around the head, etc.so you can prove it is a North American cougar not a "quote unquote eastern cougar". Maybe you will get lucky and it is actually a South American cat so you can keep the mount because it is an escaped exotic with no season on it.

As to a picture, get it in a newspaper and then link it to here. That way everyone can see it.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I always find it amazing with the hundreds of thousands of trail cameras out in the woods that nobody has a verified picture of a mountain lion on it. Every other animal KNOWN to be in the northeast except the mysterious mountain lion. Unfortunately it takes more than my uncle has a pic or I know I saw what I saw to prove it.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's a nice pic Reb. Utah?[:-]
Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

That's a nice pic Reb. Utah?[:-]
Florida
Old 11-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice pic, lotta mule deer here in ny....or did dec release them to feed the cougars that werent eating enough wolves????

salty- thanks for the encon report, interesting read, but it confirms what i'm saying... probally a released pet, did you read the declawed remarks?

that eastern cougarnet is a bunch of crack pot conspiracy theorists, in my opinion, as are the several other NY cougar sites.

i'll tell you this though, i'm gonna get a 150 pound can of tuna, crack it open and wait for a shot. then i'll believe

Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So they have mule deer in New York now too?
Seen this one a million times.
I sure wish we could see this picture that's being spoken of.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice try Salty, but it is still just an opinion. Granted by a wild life biologist, but no photos, hair, scat or any verifiable proof.

Moose - everyone knows that after the DEC released the ML's, they where having trouble catching the coyote's they should with those pesky dewclaws. So the DEC contracted with the local Bigfoot populations to catch the ML's and remove the dewclaws - hence the appearance of pet animals.

I know this is true because my uncle's neighbor friends father in law knew a guy whose brothers buddy took pictures of it happening once.
I will drive 5 hours this weekend to get the pics.

Steve
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

feel free to call the dec, ask them about the pic that was taken of the mountain lion through the guys window, who put cat food out and watched it.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Spike

I thought long and hard before I sent a post thinking maybe hunters would recognize this as interesting. If it was me I would say, "hey, anything is possible", I just haven't seen a mountain lion yet. Why is it we hunters are so negative? No wonder the anti's are gaining on us. We can't even get along with each other.

Quick Reply: mountain lions in ny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.