Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 mountain lions in ny >

mountain lions in ny

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

mountain lions in ny

Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Default RE: I have a Pic

I have talked to about 10 people in the area where I live in the past year who have claimed to see them. A gentlemen not to far from here shot one and showed a DEC officer who promptly told him to leave. They will continue to deny it until someone gets hurt.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

A gentlemen not to far from here shot one and showed a DEC officer who promptly told him to leave
Where did this happen?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm one of these folks who says why not M Lions in N.Y. - BUT - what I question is where are all these folks that shot one and then after 199 story tellers get done we got a DEC officier that did this and that - no proof,no hair,no pics,witness - nuthin. Where's the Beef - Guy
Old 12-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another twist...A local fellow claims he found one dead in the road and threw it in his truck...Before he could get home he was pulled over by a game warden AND a trooper who took the cat away from him...Allegedly it contained a COMPUTER CHIP that allowed the authorities to track it and they chased down the guy's truck before he could get it home...MY oh MY, isn't it amazing that our DEC has the capabilities and manpower to keep such CLOSE track of those pumacougars.. Seems like they'd have more to DO during deer season...Must be part of the conspiracy...

Bullchit goes Hi tech.....
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm actually surprises they didn't go after him with the special black stealth helicopter!

Course it could have been out on a coyote drop.

Steve
Old 12-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: mountain lions in ny

mountain lions in ny - 11/13/2006 4:35:02 PM

So when do we get to see the picture?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 AM

I said I have been told by all these people that they have seen mountain lions. I just know what I have been told. I have never seen one. Many credible sources have. I am a little bit of a skeptic myself.
However, the people who claim that Mt. Lions are trained to kill coyotes are way out in left field. Sure you can train a wild animal when it is in captivity but once it gets out into the wild, it will go for the easy meal again. Personally, I have a hard time believing a mountain lion would ever have anything to do with a coyote.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

However, the people who claim that Mt. Lions are trained to kill coyotes are way out in left field.
lol you think.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The DEC is aware that the pumacougars that they are subversively stocking to control the deer and coyote population could multiply, become too numerous andpose a threat to human life and limb...

Therefore they've taken steps to prevent such an occurence...

In order to keep the critters from multiplying, they are only stocking GAY pumacougars...

They even have a name for the program...

It's code name is " The Return of the Pink Panther"... They also have a backup plan in case this one fails...It's named " The Pink Panther Strikes Again"....This covert program is headed by some guy named Clouseau...

This is factual information...It was given to me by my Uncle Milo's third cousin's manicurist, who actually saw the documents on microfilm at his cousin Leo's Kumquat ranch 8 hours from here in East Jesus, Ohio... Next time I'm out that way to help with the kumquat harvest, I'll bring a copy of the report and post it here...
Old 12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

LMAO

Quick Reply: mountain lions in ny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.