Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MA Doe Down!!!Slick Trick Style >

MA Doe Down!!!Slick Trick Style

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MA Doe Down!!!Slick Trick Style

Old 11-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default MA Doe Down!!!Slick Trick Style

I posted this in the bowhunting forum..but i wanted to share it in this one too. These are the pics of the doe I shot last night in Central MA. I hunted earlier in the day on another piece of property with no luck. I had a real good feeling about an afternoon stand on my parents property. I got settled in my stand between a old clearcut bedding area and a field. Around 3pm.Well the conditions were perfect. Calm wind in my face....overcast..crisp and cool. At around 4:23pm, I heard a rustle about 45yds out in some thick stuff. I could see legs walking thur the brush. I then noticed that it was two deer.A doe anda skipper.They slowly moved and grazed along for about 20minutes...the doe finally crossed a stonewall and headed quartering towards me...i didn't have a shot...she then turned and started down on of my lanes. I drew back and she walked thru it....she then stopped behing a tree. Now i was at full draw for close to 2 minutes. Just as she began to walk out from the tree. The skipper ran up towards my tree. I still focused on the doe, I settled my pin and gently squeezed the release and heard that magical "TWACK". I could see my fletching sticking out her left shoulder. A little far forward...but i still felt good about the shot. She then ran toward the overgrown clearcut and I thought I heard her crash. I waited 1/2hr..called my father for flashlights and slowly began tracking her. We found good blood the whole way to her about 45yds away. I am so impressed with these slick tricks..I smashed her shoulder, leaving an entrance like a 12 gauge, thru her lung...and the broadhead broke thru just in front of her right leg. Haven't got her weighted yet but she is good size maybe 115-120.

Slick Trick Entrance

Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MA Doe Down!!!Slick Trick Style

Holey hole batman, what a hole. Nice skin head to should make great eatin....
Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 AM

where in central mass?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Rutland
Old 11-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats.