Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 wind - rain - snow........ >

wind - rain - snow........

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

wind - rain - snow........

Old 10-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default wind - rain - snow........

[:'(] Any NYers been out much in this crap weather? I dont' think the winds have been below 15-25mph for 3 or 4 days now [:@]. Looks like another night of rainy junk and windy.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wind - rain - snow........

I'm hoping it will trun nice by thrusday, going for a couple of days. Rich
Old 10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was, i really thought i was going to freeze to death
Old 10-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

I hate this. I'm in the small minority that loves October archery. But, this isn't typical October archery weather.

I've yet to once wear any form of lightweightclothing that I typically use into the halloween weekend. It's always been my standard November gear, a bit heavier...plus my rain suit.

I'm heading out in the afternoon Wed. and looks to be another day of the same. I'd love to see a comfortable day with a bit of sun/cloud, and a touch of favorable wind...I feel much better getting off the stand without seeing anything (although that hasn't happened yet this season) when I can at least enjoy some fresh fall weather. It sucks practicing scent free methods, jumping in the shower, etc. drying off...just to go out and come back in feeling like an abused, wet dog after sitting in the stand for a handful of hours.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

im in PA but getting the same weather for the most part. ive never in my life seen an october so wet or cold that i can remember. october is typically pretty dry and warm-cool. i got on as much clothes as i can possibly draw my bow in and still freeze most days. its gunna be a longggggggg winter i think. ive seen snow 3 days now. i cant ever say i seen snow before thanksgiving week. ohhhhh well. headed out in the morning. after sitting in gale force winds(the ridge i hunt is ALWAYS windy..if its windy in the lowlands here itll be gale force on my mountain top!) after about an hour of that im going to take some pics for a school project and then im going to head back to bed. dont plan on hunting too long tomarrow..i cant stand wind. butttt ill fill my scrape dripper and itll be ready for next week. hopefully it dries out and the wind dies...the cold is fine...snow is terrific...but wind and rain....not my cup of tea
Old 10-24-2006, 07:15 PM

The swirling wind sucks! The deer are on edge. Im not gunna take a chance going out till this weather calms down.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

i was, i really thought i was going to freeze to death
Tell me about it. I was in stand Monday and it was cold. I was watching a buck across the fiels and I couldn't stop shaking. Not buck fever just freezing.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

The swirling wind sucks! The deer are on edge. Im not gunna take a chance going out till this weather calms down.
Yeah it really messed with me last night. I probably shouldn't have gone out, but it was a couple days since I've been due to the freakin weather. I sat in a good "west" wind stand. After I got up in the thing I think the wind changed directions 500 different ways[:@][8D]. Won't go out again untill we get some calmer and more predictable winds.

As far as the cold? Bring it on I say. I'd rather have it raw out there. Just can't deal with screwy winds.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

Ive been in that crap for 3 days... 1 coyote 2 fox 1 doe 15 turkeys. the deer have not moved very good
lots of sign thou?? must be done @ night? hopefully things will change soon. Ive got the whole month of NOV off...
Old 10-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

remember guys:

"Any bad day in the woods is better that any good day at the office!"

With that said, my weather hasn't ben all that bad. I've avoided the rain (for most part) and hunt from ground mostly so winds don't bother me as much - except for the changing winds, which I have had.
This weekend doesn't look much better - decent friday, ran/snow sat./sun.