Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Southern NYer's

Old 10-14-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Southern NYer's

How did your opening day go my morning was allright my alarm didt go off but I woke up at 6:30 so I still good out before sunrise saw 3 does and a small 6 pt could of had the 6pt anytime I wanted 5 yards away and didt even know I was in the woods
Old 10-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Southern NYer's

Didn`t see a deer untill 8:50. ended up coming out of the woods at 11:00. Saw two button bucks and five does. ALL 7 were within 20 yards of my stand. Didn`t evan look up at me any of them
Old 10-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Doe Down

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1736526
Old 10-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

We had a slow day yesterday, Didnt see anything. Didnt get out this morning, but going to hunt this afternoon.

MIKE
Old 10-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

no deer day one but saw several turkeys and a few were real nice toms (couldn't get a shot at them - I was on the ground, they were 20-30 yards away). saw a single doe today and a doe & yoy this morning. did see a spike (big deer for a spike too) while scouting friday pm. saw many deer while driving around the past 2 evenings (~35), couple nice bucks
Old 10-15-2006, 05:52 PM

Hubby got a nice 7 point. Saw a lot of doe, the only one I had in range was to small, a youngin! It's early yet, plenty of season left! Good luck!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 of us bowhunted out of our camp. We saw 22 deer total over the wknd. Only 1 was a buck, and just a spike at that. I personnally saw 7 deer. Some real nice big fat doe, and every fawn I saw was a button buck. It was real windy all wknd, and the deer seemed to act nervous. I had no shots at any of the doe. It also snowed yesterday afternoon. But overall I'd say we had a good wknd, the deer were moving, and everyone had action.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

Here's a good one....Because of the weather in WNY, I did not get out until Sunday morning. Trees down everywhere and no power at my house and my wife finally tells me get the the hell out of the house on Saturday night! I pack my stuff in about 5 minutes and out the door I go before she changes her mind. I was up earliy enough and did everything right to get ready and into the woods in the dark. As i'm walkingto my stand, Idiscover I went the wrong way and now I don't know where I am in the woods. I've hunted that stand plenty of times and could not believe I couldn't find my stand. I walked in every direction and poluted the whole stinking area. Flash light in the air, walking in circles try to find it without any luck. So Iwaited until it got light and then wentback in and there it was, right where it should be. I'm in my standnow only todiscover I don't have my ear piece for the radio, so I keep the volume as low as it goes. The darn radio spooked 1 nice 6 point at 10 yards as I'm fully drawn and another deer that I saw ripping out of the area. OTHER than that, it was GREATto see my buddies again and get back into the woods. I can't wait for this weekend
Old 10-19-2006, 04:08 PM

we had that bad snow storm here in the buffalo area so i could not hunt the morning.. i went to silver creek in the after noon and i jumped a big 8 or 10 point to another hunter ...

but last night i had deer allaround me .a little buck coem out frist then a big button buck then a doe a fawn ... it was a great evening ...
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

i saw 3 bucks, nomonsters but since i havent got a bow kill yet they made me very happy