Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Buck Chasing Does in Southern NY >

Buck Chasing Does in Southern NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Buck Chasing Does in Southern NY

Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Buck Chasing Does in Southern NY

On Friday evening at around 6:00, I was out behind my house and saw a deer walking through a brush field about 400 yards away. I went and got my binoculars and saw it was a big doe. I also saw that there were two other does near her feeding. All of the sudden the big doe takes off running and shortly after that the two other does did. I kept watching and could see them in between the thick bushes. They kept going back and forth in big circles. I knew something was up when suddenly I saw a NICE buck on the heels of the big doe as she came through the brush for the third time. I couldnt see how many points he had but it was a good buck. The disappeared into an adjoining field and then I lost sight of them. It looks like the the rut wont be all that far off.

MIKE
Old 10-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Chasing Does in Southern NY

Yup I saw a buck chasing a deo to. Opening day after I hit my doe I got down and started looking for blood. I heard a buck grunt and watched a doe run away. I ran back up to my stand in enough time to watch a 6 pointer dogging the doe and grunting. They are after them. Get in your stands!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

last week Ihad a doe come by me (scouting) and shortly after a buck came running on her trail. Thought it was way too early for "rut" activity, so thought it was a coincidence. The other nite I was driving around and saw several deer in a field. With the binocs I saw one was a BIG buck and he was chasing deer all over the fields.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

there was some chasing going on tonight... two bucks tickling the horns friday night too
Old 10-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

I'm seeing similar signs, with a ton of vocalization by area bucks. In one afternoon of hunting, I heard three different grunts from three different directions, young and mature buck alike.

I'm convinced were seeing heavy pre-rut activity, but the bucks are chasing into the minor rut that some biologists claim is going to be a decent one this year.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Seems like an awful lot of action going on for the "October Lull"
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got several game cam pics of 2 small bucks sparing. they went on for more than 20 minutes - on & off
Old 10-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

saw 6 bucks tonight..one was a button.... one spike was chasing a doe...then he sparred with another spike then a 4 ptr came in to join in on the sparrin...then 2 bucks we sparring as I was leaving...couldnt tell what they were it was too dark......it was a very fun watch tonight
Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 PM

was out hunting tonight and saw a really nice 8 pt 16 or 17" wide and about 8" tines was chasing a doe and could not get him to close enough to shoot
Old 10-17-2006, 06:36 PM

Saw the same thing this weekend down our camp in Steuben Co. Small buck chasing a doe all over the place. First time thatI rememberseeing them chase this week of the season. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Quick Reply: Buck Chasing Does in Southern NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.