HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Southern NYer's
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:41 AM
nybowhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Southern NYer's

Here's a good one....Because of the weather in WNY, I did not get out until Sunday morning. Trees down everywhere and no power at my house and my wife finally tells me get the the hell out of the house on Saturday night! I pack my stuff in about 5 minutes and out the door I go before she changes her mind. I was up earliy enough and did everything right to get ready and into the woods in the dark. As i'm walkingto my stand, Idiscover I went the wrong way and now I don't know where I am in the woods. I've hunted that stand plenty of times and could not believe I couldn't find my stand. I walked in every direction and poluted the whole stinking area. Flash light in the air, walking in circles try to find it without any luck. So Iwaited until it got light and then wentback in and there it was, right where it should be. I'm in my standnow only todiscover I don't have my ear piece for the radio, so I keep the volume as low as it goes. The darn radio spooked 1 nice 6 point at 10 yards as I'm fully drawn and another deer that I saw ripping out of the area. OTHER than that, it was GREATto see my buddies again and get back into the woods. I can't wait for this weekend