Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC shafts me

Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default PGC shafts me

For the people that dont know I am having a complete auction of my property and antiques and animal mounts and antlers. I applied for a permit to sell them 4 weeks ago. A PGC officer called me and we went over the list of 20 mounts and 53 antler sets and deer leg lamps and etc. He said he has to send the report to a advisory committee in Harrisburg. He said at that time the permit covers mounts .No permit needs to cover the antlers.He said no problem.He called me last night and told me the committee turned down the permit because some of the mounts were my dads and grand dads.Only what I mounted with my money can be permited. Also he then said no antlers can be sold 90 days after they were harvested.No out of state whitetail mounts or antlers may be sold. Cant sell the full bobcat mount from Alabama. So I cant sell nothing. They were 20 % of the auction. Been advertised and it makes a real mess.He said I could sell the mule deer mount if I could prove I shot it legally,DAH?
Now I have all that stuff up a flight of steps and the auctioneer was going to bring them down since I am handicapped. But he wont be selling them so I have no way to get them down myself.I will have to end up paying someone to remove them and I will have to rent a storage shed to house them untill I can decide what to do with them. He said I could sell them in a state that allows it.Or give them to the PGC for educational purposes. Sure and let them sell them at their auction.Stinkin jerky PA.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC shafts me

strange laws are everywhere... I suggest you donate them to area outdoor clubs, since you cannot sell them. Why waste $$ on storage? give 'em away..THAT oughtta be legal.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bob, why not take em to WVA with you and put em on ebay? Antlers and mounts usually fetch good prices there.

I think it is unreaonable that the PGc thinks they have anything to sya about heads/antlers that were inherited or came from another state. That's simply bueareaucratic BS.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, I live in Lancaster and work in Ephrata so I'm not too far from you. If you need help moving them just shoot me a PM. I would be glad to come up and help you haul them to wherever need be. At least you won't have to pay for a moving service. Just let me know.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Dude don't give up so easy there is a very easy way around this. Do the same thing as Strip bars do that can't get a License to sell beer. Don't sell the beer have them bring in the beer and you charge them to keep it cold. In simple here is what to do. 1)Print out a picture of every item. 2) At the auction put the picture beside each item. 3) make it clear to everyone at the auction they are not buying the item but they are buying the picture at the prices. 4) Give the item away to whoever buys the picture.
In simple logic you do not need promission to give something away and you don't need a license to sell pictures you made yourself. So for every picture you sell your giving the item away.I have personally used this on other stuff that they claim isn't legel to sell in the state of PA such as beer. Good luck but if you don't try this then give me a buzz if you don't live to far away I would cruise over and give you a hand moving your stuff free of charge. I come to PA alot.

Trytan
Old 09-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bear I will let you know. You have alot of irons in the fire with your baby and wife. ,,Try that game dont work anymore with the PGC. Like I said I think in my opinion they are pricks
Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cardeer, not aproblem. My wife is probebly the most understanding person you'll ever meet. I help a lot of people out and a lot of people help me out. I think that's what we're all supposed to do. Just remember the offer is always on the table if you want to take me up on it. I can be there in about 15 minutes from work. (that's if I remember where you live...it's been awhile since I've been up that way with your son)
Old 09-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

cardeer,
I live in Chambersburg, so if your not that far away from me, I would be more then glad to help you out.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

Gheez talk about a bunch of wacked out laws

Bob, let me know if I can help, Im up in lebanon.

Cort