Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with shafts

Old 07-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Help with shafts

Carbon express quit making terminator a few years ago. With this particular bow, I have been hunting with terminators 6570s for years and love them. I am now down to only 6 shafts for the up coming season. I want to find a shaft similar to terminators.This bow im shooting these shafts with, is a bow I built a few years ago. I put redline limbs and a Ho cam on a power tech frame. I love this bow for hunting, that is when im not trad hunting. I have tried carbon force by Pse, Gold tips, Benman, etc. and have not found any I like as well. I know Carbon Express is making a simial shaft, cant think of the name, but was wondering if it is similar in specs to the terminators?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with shafts

I'm a Easton fan and I'm shooting the ST Epics this year. They're performing get thru my Drenalin.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man if you go through 6 shafts a year Id hate to see what youre shooting at....
Old 07-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

No, this is 6 shafts in about 6 or 7 years. Im just getting low with this bow. Besides, I shoot a lot of hogs. Its hard to get a pass through on a hog, and they like to roll on your shafts. All but oneof my busted shafts have come from boars. One was rolled on by a doe last year that I shot at about 50 yards. It didnt quite go through and stuck out the back side, and of course, she fell on it. [:@]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea them hogs can be nasty, I cant wait till I take one with my bow, hopefully this fall, but I guess youre doing pretty good then, I go through 6 arrows in about 8 years. I shoot aluminums andget a good clean passthrough just about everytime. Im not expecting that with hogs as I knwo how tough they really are.
ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

No, this is 6 shafts in about 6 or 7 years. Im just getting low with this bow. Besides, I shoot a lot of hogs. Its hard to get a pass through on a hog, and they like to roll on your shafts. All but oneof my busted shafts have come from boars. One was rolled on by a doe last year that I shot at about 50 yards. It didnt quite go through and stuck out the back side, and of course, she fell on it. [:@]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Yea them hogs can be nasty, I cant wait till I take one with my bow, hopefully this fall, but I guess youre doing pretty good then, I go through 6 arrows in about 8 years. I shoot aluminums andget a good clean passthrough just about everytime. Im not expecting that with hogs as I knwo how tough they really are.
ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Its a blast, you will love it. I shoot about 6 or 7 a year. Here in Texas they are a varmit. I will grab a bow when ever I need some pork and head to my land and arrow one. Its great stalking practice during the off season.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 AM

Help me out burnie.....Are the Terminators a light shaft or heavy? I simply can't remember the weight of those rascals....

Terminator Hunters are very, very good arrows. The 6075 weighs 9.8 gpi.

The Terminator Lite Select (.0025 straight) is 9.1 gpi for that same spine.

And finally, the Rebel Hunter weighs 11.3 gpi.....They also make a Rebel lite, and if memory serves me correctly they are around 9.7 gpi.....Shooting from the hip on that one though....

Any of those are good arrows. I BELIEVE the Rebel is the one closest to what you currently have.....
Old 07-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Mobow
heavy, thats what I like about them. I believe they were closer to 11 gpi.

Ill have to look into the rebel. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 AM

The Walmarts in this area just got in a bunch of the Terminator Hunter arrows. They are the 60/75's and are 31" long. Weight about 11 gpi. You might be able to stock up and get by for a few more years.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 PM

burnie.... i have 5 terminator hunter 6075 arrows that i was just wondering what to do with.... if you are interested PM me.

Quick Reply: Help with shafts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.