HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PGC shafts me
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 AM
cardeer
Boone & Crockett

Default PGC shafts me

For the people that dont know I am having a complete auction of my property and antiques and animal mounts and antlers. I applied for a permit to sell them 4 weeks ago. A PGC officer called me and we went over the list of 20 mounts and 53 antler sets and deer leg lamps and etc. He said he has to send the report to a advisory committee in Harrisburg. He said at that time the permit covers mounts .No permit needs to cover the antlers.He said no problem.He called me last night and told me the committee turned down the permit because some of the mounts were my dads and grand dads.Only what I mounted with my money can be permited. Also he then said no antlers can be sold 90 days after they were harvested.No out of state whitetail mounts or antlers may be sold. Cant sell the full bobcat mount from Alabama. So I cant sell nothing. They were 20 % of the auction. Been advertised and it makes a real mess.He said I could sell the mule deer mount if I could prove I shot it legally,DAH?
Now I have all that stuff up a flight of steps and the auctioneer was going to bring them down since I am handicapped. But he wont be selling them so I have no way to get them down myself.I will have to end up paying someone to remove them and I will have to rent a storage shed to house them untill I can decide what to do with them. He said I could sell them in a state that allows it.Or give them to the PGC for educational purposes. Sure and let them sell them at their auction.Stinkin jerky PA.