Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06 >

Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 AM

Default RE: Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Old 09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

What's thatphrase that peopleuse so oftennow to describe someone who is constantlyupset about so many things: "They have many unresolvedissues"?

If I spent all that time and energy pizzin and moanin' about where and how I hunted, compared to how other people hunt,probably wouldn't enjoy my hunting experience asmuch. Probably wouldn't need a pee bottle either.

John, how does one condemn others forinvesting their energy and money toown a place of their ownto hunt on, then turn around and criticize locals for trespassing on such lands when the owners have gone home?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:45 AM

Dennis, it was you who admitted that the locals in your area regularly trespass. Now you seem to wish to justify that foul act. You can't have it both ways, it's either wrong or not. I'm much surprized that you would condone such criminal acts. I would hope that your not a participant in these unlawful acts. Those flat landers may be absent, but I do believe that the law still applies when they are not there. You might want to check on that.

More importantly, WHERE IS JOE NEVILLE with the hunting license sales figures for August? Perhaps the agency has silenced him. This doesn't bode well.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

First of all, it was very near the end of August before Julys number were out so it seems you're barking way too soon. Second, I'm sure Joe Neville will respond as soon as he has the numbers but he might just wait long enough for you and all your USP fanatic friends to make all kind of noise so that you embarass yourselves again like you did when you tried to put your spin on the July numbers

Very appropriate T in PA3 !!!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

What is there to admit? Merely stated what happens most places where people buy land, post it for their own use, then those that've lived around there all their lives, hunt on it againonce the owners have gone home.

Many times those that buy land and post it, once hunted in the area with permission, then repay the favor by excluding those very people upon whom they once depended for a place to hunt.

That happened with an aunt's farm in Potter Co. over 35 years ago. The family from the Lehigh Valleythat bought it, had hunted around there for years, then posted the place and informed all the neighboring farmers they could no longerhunt on their farmland.

One neighbor told the new guy that he'd never set foot on my aunt's place, but since he nowwasn't welcome there, the new owner who had huntedthat neighbor's600 acrefarmfor years, was no longer welcome there either. Sounded about right to me.

[8D]

As for the latest license sales figures, I expect they'll be out soon, just as theyusually are abooutthis time of year.Will youpout if theyshow less of a decline thanyou anticipated, or continue togloat if they've dropped?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 AM

Is that the best you can do? Childish name calling? Try acting like a responsible individual rather than a wounded fawn. Your response is juvenile at best. Stick to the facts.

The numbers spoke for themselves. They will speak for themselves again. Lets see the figures! It's a fact that the agency suffered a loss of some 6% last year. Can they afford another 6% this year? Is it acceptable to the agency to hemorage 6% every year? Any business that operated under those conditions would soon be writing in the Red. OH! Yes, the agency IS writing in the Red. My, my, surprize surprize!

The agency is more interested in the propagation of fishers than in pheasants. How many hunters will pay for a license to go into the woods to observe a fisher as opposed to hunters who would buy a license and go hunt pheasants?
It appears the agency has their priorities mixed up.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:30 AM

Dennis:

Regardless of the circumstances of purchase or previous allowances trespassing is still against the law. For you to condone such behavior is reprehensible. What other laws do you condone breaking? How about those who take that "extra" deer for "Camp Meat." After all, we do have an over abundance of deer. What can be wrong with a little "Camp Meat?"

I can only wonder what Rick Shire would say about this?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

How'd you manage to make that leap from my observations about what often happens in rural PA concerning locals and flatlanders (your term), to assuming thatI condone trespassing and poaching? C'mon now, get ahold of that imagination and settle down a bit.

[8D]

I can only wonder what Rick Shire would say about this?
As I understand it, he goes by Rich.

Never met him yet, but our former WCO here at homeclaims Shire is a good guy. I believe they graduated in the same class and have remained friends. I don't worry much about WCOs, as mostthat I've met have been fairly congenial. Have met a few deputies that were lacking in that department though.

Getting back on topic, I figure the latest sales stats will likely be common knowledge by the end of this week, or the beginning of next week? Unless your usual source jumps the gun again and rushes out there with whatever he can glean, correct or not.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:14 PM

Dennis, it's obvious that you know these folks..."Since most of them (downstate, your term)are gone by the middle of the first week, the locals hunt where they want to the rest of the season." I have to assume that they're your friends or at least aquaintences or you wouldn't have that knowledge.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:53 PM

I guess Dennis isn't going to take me up on the invitation afterall. Probably for the better though. I don't think I'd want a fellow that endorses illegal behavior tailing along anyway.[:'(]

I talked to my family up in Westfield this evening, and they assured me that they wouldn't dream of trespassing on anyone elses land, and they don't know of anybody that does. Must be "family tradition".[:@]

Quick Reply: Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.