Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Human Urine Effects On DEER >

Human Urine Effects On DEER

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Human Urine Effects On DEER

Old 09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: Human Urine Effects On DEER

there's nothing better than fresh urine as a curiosity scent. Animals love to smell urine. does'nt matter where the stuff came from.
I pee'd in a buddy's scrape dripper once. ( he was moving in on my spot) but was dissapointed to find out from him that deer and buck sightings were good from that spot afterwards. Since then I'f I have to go while hunting I make a scrape and pee in it. never had an ill effect.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have video taped 140" bucks smelling where I let it rip from my stand 5 minutes after doing so. Never phased them one bit.

Been whizzing from my treestands for many years, and I usually kill at least one P&Y buck per year.

Of course, I don`t eat cloves of garlic or other similar stuff during my hunting trips either.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Typical Buck

My hunting bud makes a mock scrape every year and pisses in it, and guess what?? he bags a shooter buck every year. I just cant bring myself to pissout of my stand. Gatoraid bottle for me..
Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's been my experience that deer are not able to identify human urine as urine. If a deer spooks from a spot where youve taken a leak, it's far more likely that you have left other human scent there from your clothing or boots.

I find it funny that some guys wont piss around their stand but have no problem touching saplings and brush with their hands and they dont worry about keeping their boots scent free. Your hands and feet are big scent carriers.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Men on that BTB
Old 09-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

I guess it depends on where you hunt and tame your game is. A buck in my area will smell your piss from a 1/4 mile and avoid you all together. I don't think it is so much your piss as it is a foriegn smell that makes them leary.

Q. I read somewhere that human urine is a good deterrent for keeping deer and other wildlife away from a garden? Will this work?

gca.ad_width = 180;
create_google_ad_set(3);

[/align]A. Well, I don’t want to hear about home gardeners relieving themselves throughout their gardens. The idea may stop conversations, but using human urine as a garden barrier won’t stop many animals. The premise is that plant-eating animals will turn away rather than enter territory that’s regularly marked by a meat-eater, such as man. (So don’t bother enlisting vegetarian friends in the effort). Used against truly wild animals too skittish to approach people, it might work. Unfortunately, most deer these days will graze calmly even in a fenced yard within sight of an arm-flapping, red-faced home gardener. Interestingly, there is a company that specializes in collecting and selling animal urine. Believe it or not, the company sells coyote, fox, wolf, bobcat and even mountain lion urine! If you believe the web site, the urine will not only scare away deer, but will work to train your dog where to go in the yard. Not sure what sort of urine is needed? You can buy a “pee sampler,” that includes trial sizes of all five urines for $11. The stuff isn’t cheap: $20 for a regular 12-ounce squeeze bottle. Check out the web site at: www.predatorpee.com.[/align][/align]
Old 09-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

I tried peeing in a scrap once and watched a spike come in and take one smell and bolt, of course he may have smelled the Jack Daniels from the night before
Old 09-08-2006, 06:55 AM

I don't think it is so much your piss as it is a foriegn smell that makes them leary.
I agree with the above.
Guy's, go ahead and piss all over everything if you want, I will not take the chance.