Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Elk

Old 08-27-2006, 07:00 PM

Default RE: PA Elk

Your odds of being picked are getting pretty good. They draw 40 to 50 lucky elk lottery winners each year. Just hang in there.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

Western Elk County, most of Cameron County, northern Clearfield County, western Clinton County and southwestern Potter County are the areas where you are likely to see an elk.

The best area is located around Medix Run, Benezette, Winslow Hill and Grant in southeast Elk County.

Dick Bodenhorn
WCO, Elk County
I forgot about this,till the topic came up...Iwatched an elk enter the woodson a gas line between Dubois and rockton last week...I don't know if there was more of them,but it was about 20 ft.from the edge of the woods when I stopped and watched her walked into the woods..The woods she walked into was all posted and they did some clear cutting there also...

I am sure they will have plenty to eat and will stay in this area if there was more than one elk...
Old 08-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing them around Sabula for about the past three years and one was killed by a deer hunter in Luthersburg several years ago.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

I've been seeing them around Sabula for about the past three years and one was killed by a deer hunter in Luthersburg several years ago.
That one was killed back in the mid to late 80s by some young kid if my memory serves me correct.. And I think one was also shot in penfield also prior to that..
Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah,I think it was a 13 year old girl that killed the one in Luthersburg.Did you see the elk off of the Rockton/Dubois rd?

I seem to see them in spurts around Dubois.I'll see them for a month or so and then I stop hearing about them.The ones around Sabula were arount pretty regularly.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

Yeah,I think it was a 13 year old girl that killed the one in Luthersburg.Did you see the elk off of the Rockton/Dubois rd?

I seem to see them in spurts around Dubois.I'll see them for a month or so and then I stop hearing about them.The ones around Sabula were arount pretty regularly.
Yes,That large right away
Old 08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I belong to that lease on the left side of the road headingtoward Rockton.Ihaven't been up there since spring gobbler season and I haven't heard anything about it.There's a meeting this sunday for it.I'll find out if anyone has been seeing any up there.Alot of the guys are up there all the time riding atv's so they should know if they're up there regularly.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:29 AM

I sent in again.. we shall see..
Old 08-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

I applied this year for the first time, we'll see what happens in Sept.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

ive always wanted to elk hunt here in pa since i started hunting. but just recently i talked to a guy that had won a license and he said that it wasnt all that great. he told me that basically you just walk up and shoot one, so maybe im just gonna stick with deer huntin. im not sure if its gonna b worth all the money trying to get a tag. good luck to u guys who applied

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.