Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Elk

Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Default RE: PA Elk

Great Bull
I was just notified by a guide that I drew a cow tag. My are is 1,2,3 &10. Any info you could share woul help.

Studrock45
Old 09-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Cowboy
just found out I drew a cow tag for this year )7. Did you use a guide? If so were you happy with them? Price if you don't mind. I got a call from aguid ethis morning and he quoted me $1100.. Ouch but if that is the going rate. I have area 1,2,3 &10.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Studrock
Old 09-16-2007, 06:40 PM

Challynger
Yes I did and I won. Yahoo! Cow tagfor area 1,2,3 &10. Know any info as to guides etc?
Studrock
Old 09-16-2007, 08:14 PM

studrock
There are a number of guides who really know the area. I think that the area you got drawn for is mostly private land so enlisted help from a guide might be a good idea. Most of the guides have agreements with landowners to get you acces to their property.

As for me I did not use a guide. But the price that you mentioned is pretty close to most of them wanted. The cost really depends on what they do for you.(Lodging, meals, scouting, getting the animal out etc...)

You will more than likely hear from more guides in the next couple of weeks. Talk to all of them before you commit.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Host of Hosts

I've sent mine in for a few years now, but no luck yet. It will happen soon though...... I hope!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 AM

"ALL THE MONEY TO GET A TAG"?????????????????????????????????WWHHAAAA??? as a pa. resident.you pay ten dollars to enter the drawing and twenty-five dollars if you're drawn!.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 320fpsmathews

"ALL THE MONEY TO GET A TAG"?????????????????????????????????WWHHAAAA??? as a pa. resident.you pay ten dollars to enter the drawing and twenty-five dollars if you're drawn!.
Correct.............And here's the other point....If you DON'T continue to apply for a tag yearly, you're never going to stand a chance of legally killing an elk in Pennsylvania. Ten dollars a year for the opportunity to have a chance of being drawn doesn't seem too much of a hardship to me....
Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have a cabin in NW Clinton county, and that's where I hunt deer. Just never had an interest in shooting an Elk.

As a side note, I did see a Fisher on my property a few months ago. They were reintroduced into PA in the 90's.