Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY DMP first come/first serve ??? >

NY DMP first come/first serve ???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY DMP first come/first serve ???

Old 11-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY DMP first come/first serve ???

On the DEC Deer Management Permit web site there is a notice about left over permits that can be applied for on Nov. 6 on a first come/first serve bases.
I can't understand if the western part of the state(areas 8 & 9) is the only area with extra(left over) permits or are these additional permits. How do I find out if area 3J has any left over permits?

Old 11-05-2002, 03:04 PM

Default RE: NY DMP first come/first serve ???

My best suggestion would be to just show up at your lisence dealer and check to see if there is any. If your WMU does have any extras then check to see the closest available. Good Luck!!
Old 11-06-2002, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a sheet sent to licensing agents from the DEC on available leftover permits. The areas you see in 8&9 are the only permits available. From my understanding they are permits that were leftover, and unfilled. No other areas besides those have been added to my knowledge.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

You are right BuckAlley, I just received an e-mail from the DEC saying the same thing.

Old 11-10-2002, 01:35 AM

hey guys i am in bowmansville ny near buffalo i hunt in 9f 9w and 9n i got 2 more dmp's and everyone i know thats hunts got 2 more dmps even up to yesterday witch is sat thay are stilll getting dmp's sorry to here were u are u can't get any .....1st thing is that the 8's and 9's have lots and i mean lots of deer here and few hunters thay even told me that i can get up to 4 extra dmp's beside the 2 i got when i bought my back tag but i might not get any next year when i get my back tag ..... well signing off for now ..... i have pics of my 150 lbs 4 points that i took first sunday comeing soon trying to get them off my friend .... well take care and good luck .....

al bowmansville ny 9F