Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
What would you do >

What would you do

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What would you do

Old 11-09-2002, 11:57 PM

Default What would you do

Hey all. I asked permission to hunt a new farm this year, and was welcomed with open arms. They told me that there were other people who are allowed to hunt the property as well, which is fine, I don't mind sharing at all.

Problem is, there is this one spot where I've been hunting since the start of the season, I see deer there all the time, I just haven't been in the right place to get a shot. Gun season will be a different story though, they have all been within 100 yards. I've never seen anybody else in this spot either, just me. Now the other day, I went in and found that somebody had hung a stand in there. I had set up my ground blind, and was sitting for about a 1/2 hour, when I noticed the steps going up a tree about 15 yards away. Nobody was in the stand, so I just stayed until dark, no deer that day, and left.

My question is, what would you have done. Would you hunt the area knowing that somebody else may be walking in to the stand after you are already there, and spooking the deer. Also I felt kinda funny sitting there, even though I was in the area first, I felt like I was stepping on the guys toes by hunting only 15 yards from his stand. I'm glad he didn't come in while I was sitting there. I'm not real hot on giving up that spot. Like I said I've seen a LOT of deer there. But it IS easier for me to move, since I haven't put up a stand, than it is for him to take his stand down and put it back up someplace else.

How would you guys handle this??

Thanks;

I'll take good luck over skill any day!
Old 11-10-2002, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do

WRITE A NOTE PUT INTO A ZIPLOCK BAG, TACK IT TO THE TREE. EXPLAIN IN THE NOTE WHATS GOING ON TO HIM, AMYBE AND HOPEFULLY COME TO A GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT