Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to serve for STS? >

How to serve for STS?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to serve for STS?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM

Default How to serve for STS?

Anyone got any links or care to explain how to serve a string for an STS. Can't get the search hereto work, andI came up with nothing on some other sights as well.I'm guessing it is similar to tying in nock points like in Greg's post, but I have no idea how to do this.Got some new Bucknasty strings on order, and I'll have to serve it for the STS on my bow when they arrive. Any tricks to it? Does the bow need to be pressed, or can it be served out of a press? Im lost, and need some guidance...[&:]

Anyone up for posting up another great tutorial thread for the learners such as myself?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: How to serve for STS?

I bought the bohning string serving kit. It comes with a serving tool, string seperator and a DVD that shows you how to serve. After watching it a few times I was able to serve the string for my Mean D suppressor. Good luck. Ohy and no you do not have to press the Bow.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM

start at the bottom part of sting where the sts will hit the string,do half square nots all the way up to the part of the string where the sts will hit on the string once you are to that spot do a full square not,just make sure when serving alternate the half square knot on either side of the string this is the easiest way i found and it last
Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: wicked arrow

start at the bottom part of sting where the sts will hit the string,do half square nots all the way up to the part of the string where the sts will hit on the string once you are to that spot do a full square not,just make sure when serving alternate the half square knot on either side of the string this is the easiest way i found and it last
Thats the way! I knew someone had told me about this simple way, I just couldnt remember the name of the knots. Ill definitely try this way first, if it doesn't work out or look neat, Ill try the other way. This serving isnt really all that important, plenty of people use STS systems without any serving at all. So it doesn't really matter if i screw this one up
Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Go to youtube and search string serving. Short vid. clip on how to do it neatly.