Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa. Game Commission Problems >

Pa. Game Commission Problems

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa. Game Commission Problems

Old 03-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pa. Game Commission Problems

I was thrown off that other site for saying the PGC is being pimped by the timber companies and their money.Dont need them self righteous money snobs over there.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:31 AM

Simply not true, cardeer. If being critical of the PGC would get you kicked off huntingpa, half of those who post would be terminated. You got kicked off for other reasons, perhaps being abusive to other members? You lost some credibility there.
Anyone who cares to check it out can do so. Several of the message threads have plenty of posts that are anti PGC. Those who believe cardeer on this one should check out the General Hunting, Big Game, and AR/HR message categories. You will see that I am telling the truth.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproulman,I'm certainly in favor of the way things are going and I hunt and live in 2G.I'm seeing less deer but I still have no problems or guilt filling my freezer every year.The habitat was trashed and needed to recover.I'm willing to live with less deer in order to have better habitat.

Cardeer,if you're implying that the PGC is being paid off my timber companies,that's pure speculation without proof.Who whould they pay off?Now if you're saying DCNR did what ever was politically necessary to reduce the herd on their lands,you're correct.they put a moratorium on handing over any land purchases to the PGC until they more or less got their own way.You can read about that on their website so it's no big secret or conspiracy.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I'm sure that there's problems with the way things are being done by the GC but there's problems in every organization. I happen to agree with one of the responses on here earlier that we keep blaming the PGC on so many deer being killed but they are only allowed to buy a license just like us. Hunters are killing the deer...not the PGC. They have proven already that the number of deer being killed is directly related to the number of license they make available. That means "If we sell them they will kill them!"You can't keep buying license and killing deer and then turn around and tell the PGC it's your fault because you sold them. No...if your worried about deer numbers don't buy them! I've sat through some of the meetings discussed here and the people talking about the "Wlderness" plans are mainly looking into the future and trying to figure out what is going to happen when the hunter numbers decrease so much that there's not enough revenue to maintain the large tracts of land that hunters have been paying for for so many years. I don't think there's an easy answer but you can't bash the PGC on one hand and then cry that the DCNR is going to take over on the other.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:08 PM

I use to post on huntingpa, many moons ago, now I just view, too many people with "Internet Muscles" on there!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they bite ya foursox just bite em back.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:37 PM

Been there done that, its the same crap from the same people!!!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Spike

I have been reading all of the articles in the magazines and hunting rags... I must say that they are correct. Having lived in PA since birth but having to travel to hunt quality deer most of my life has been a real problem to me. I hear the complaints but traveled around the state trying to verify this lack of deer. I was unable to find this issue true. I was able to locate deer in every area I went to. Westmoreland, Somerset, Potter, McKean, on and on... National forests, farms etc... Was there a density issue, yes.. but it wasn't to the extreme that I have been reading about..

The last two years have been the first time in years that I have seen new growth on my farm. Up to now, the deer have eaten everything including my shrubs.. Now, if I were to manage my cattle like that I would have the SPCA in my backyard...If I had a dog, starved that bad, another SPCA issue... Cattle live on so many per acre, deer are no different. Gary Alt did a great job with the bears in PA, what makes anyone think he would do any different with deer?? Additionally, on my trips I am always running into a PA hunter who does nothing but complain about how backwards PA's game management is... Alt was making progress, deer come back... They are active little buggers and once at managable levels, it could be regulated much easier.. Now, we are going to see the same thing happen...

We cut doe tags by what was it 50000?? That gives us somewhere in the 100,000 thousand extra deer..Half of which will be young bucks which will not make the antler restrictions and will be hungry as hell. Their bodies will not mature like normally fed deer and we will have young immature breeders. We are now creeping into the same area we were finally fixing...

The real thing I wish is that we could get some hunters to read about current practices and understand that we need to make sacrifcies to advance. It is not all about killing a deer. That seems to be the common problem.. Reduce the numbers greatly and regulate them. No one formula works perfectly everywhere, but given a chance we would see progress. The genetics here permit monsters like Ill, KY etc.. Yet we don't permit it and then we see each at the same camps.. Shame on us..
Old 03-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is needed is an audit from outside the political circle. An accounting of ALL timber sales, license fees and fines then find out where the millions of dollars were pissed away. It's all politics with little emphasis on wildlife. Just money, money, money. Like social security on a smaller scale. And they wonder why there are fewer licenses aresold each year. There are still thousands of hunters in Pa. they just don't hunt in Pa. What pisses me off most are theUnited Bowhunters and Unified Sportsman's organizations kissing up to them just to get their agenda approved. BS[:@]
Old 03-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

four soxs, i agree on huntingpa. forum. its wonder they have not been sued for using name of mr.slinsky without his permission.he said he did not want his name on the forum from what i read.members degraded him and made comments about him and his family. i have to say, moderator griz did pull the topic and i have to give him credit. i cant understand why that forum has so many people that are allowed to go after others like they do and make fun of them and degrade them when they offer opinion on the deer situation in wmu 2g.its ok in my book ,if a person makes a comment about a group or like game commission but when you put a persons REAL NAME on a forum, then membersgo after him or her, thats wrong. i am glad to be part of this forum and we dont even look at that other one.

Quick Reply: Pa. Game Commission Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.