Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 HARD TO FIND HUNTING LAND/LEASE/CLUB, ANY SUGGESTIONS? >

HARD TO FIND HUNTING LAND/LEASE/CLUB, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HARD TO FIND HUNTING LAND/LEASE/CLUB, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Old 02-15-2006, 03:58 PM

Default RE: HARD TO FIND HUNTING LAND/LEASE/CLUB, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

thank you all for your help. i would love private land, but i sort of now realzie that public land is alright too, but i have heard some many stories about it that it makes me not want to hunt it. Again, thanks for your comments. Also, if anything i am far from lazy. i just feel that if i throw in a post every once in a while, then i might get lucky. I didnt think it would hurt or offend ne one. i am trying every method i can in order to find me some land. But, either way, thanks for your posts.

Brent G
Old 02-16-2006, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

No harm done, geterdun. What you're looking for is what every hunter is looking for. Most guys won't just handover their hard earned private land rights to someone they don't know. That being said, I know I've personally gotten to know several guys from this board and have taken them on huntsto some of my private land and public land spots and they've done the same for me. I think you'll find that there's some really good guys on this board and if you hang around long enough and get to know some of them both on and off the board, you may find yourself some new friends and new hunting possibilities. There's definately nothing wrong with asking if anyone knows where to hunt, I just think you rubbed some people the wrong way when you constantly kept posting that you wanted land to hunt, but neglected to take guy suggestions that they did offer. Again, no harm done. As far as public land, yes, there are horror stories, sure. But some of them aren't 100% true. I know of one guy one here for certain that tells alot of stories about a certain piece of public land just because he hunts it and doesn't want added pressure there, so like everything in life, believe 100% of what you see and only 50% of what you hear. I can tell you that between me and 4 friends, we took 7 deer off public land last year, with 5 of them being bucks, 3 of the bucks being 4 points or better. I personally only saw 2 hunters while on stand on public land last year, and that was on the opening day of shotgun season. Public is definately not a bad way to go.

Slice
Old 02-16-2006, 08:42 AM

Sorry for calling you lazy, it just appeared that way from all the posts and it didnt look like you were taking anyones advice about knocking on doors or sending letters. From your post in the Deerhunting forum I see you sent out some letters and have been trying other methods to get land. Like Slice said no harm done. I think Slice actually lowballed our numbers, me and Slice killed 9 deer on public land ourselves and our other 2 buddies killed 3 so we got a total of 12 deer on public land. And I doubt we put a dent in the populations in any of those areas. I saw a few guys walk by when I was on stand during shotgun and ML season but not many. I have public honey holes that I have never seen anyone hunt during bow season. I agree 100% with what Slice said about becoming buddies with guys in your area and on the board. People are much more likely to share hunting spots with you once they have met you, become friends and realize your a safe ethical hunter.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:07 PM

lefty, slice n every1--

thanks left for apologizing, i just want to make it clear that if anything, im not lazy lol ,just the oppposite. but u guys have given me great ideas, slice told me bout sending letters and knocking on doors, bigcountry and left told me about public land, so i did get alot, i just ssee it as, it doesnt hurt to ask, but i understand now that continually asking the same question doesnt get anywhere and it clouds the board, so i am sorry for that. but, either way, thanks alot for ur guys post, i have already used some of ur advise anjd im sure i will use much more. thanks again

brent
Old 02-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell ya what get r dun. Come on out to Green Ridge State Forest and see for your self... Send me a PM and I'll hook ya up...

Ol S&D can give ya direction too...