Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Scored in Pa.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scored in Pa.

I finally scored on a PA buck today. Nothing big but a nice 4pt. I shot it at about 7am today feeding in a clover field. I had to watch it for about 15mins till i had enough light for a good shot than i ranged it and it said 317yd i normaly don't shoot that far but i had a good rest he was in the wide open relaxed feeding and i know my 6mm rem is pretty flat so i held at the upper part of his shoulder and touched one off i saw fire fly and the deer jumped up and ran about 60yd and expired. He's not the biggest buck around but any deer to me is a trophy! I don't see where the antler restrictions are helping our deer herd either. The antler restrictions don't effect me anyways because i have the disabled permit to hunt from a vehicle but of all the bucks harvested off of our land this year the biggest was a 6pt with about a 10 inch spread than my father shot a 5pt and i shot this 4pt. I want to wish everyone good luck with the remainder of the season. Ill post some pics once i get em back. Good luck and good hunting!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Scored in Pa.

Congrats! Any pics? A friend of mine shot a nice 5 point on opening day in PA
Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats.....i think AR's are helping alot , but in order to make them work u have to pass on those smaller guys. that might be y you dont see it in your area , if you dont practice QDM there , how do u expect it to work??? on our farm we go by the 4 pt on a side rule and it has helped a ton , on opening day i let 2 big 8s go , but only since i got one in archery. i also saw a bucnh of little guys runnin around as well. they r working i think
Old 11-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd also have to say that AR's are working. I've seen a lot more bucks since them...not to mention bigger bucks.
Congrats on the buck. I'm still looking for one.