Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Bombay Hook archery zones >

Bombay Hook archery zones

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bombay Hook archery zones

Old 01-10-2002, 03:39 PM

Default Bombay Hook archery zones

<font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'><font size=4></font id=size4><font color=red></font id=red> I want to hunt Bombay Hook in Delaware and was wondering what was the best spot for achery. Any ideas? Also I will be hunting there this saturday the 12, if anyone would like to get together for this hunt let me know. I would like the opportunity to meet other Delaware hunters.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bombay Hook archery zones

OzOn3
hunt near swampy / thick areas at this time of year....good potential at bombay...id love to join ya... but i have another obligation...

perhaps in the future...where are ya gunning next weekend?

ill email ya later or tommorow OK or Email me

1 tip i found huntin there stay late come back early if ya have to leave ...when i hunted prime hook i shot a doe at 1:00 i was watchin other hunters in the parking area eatin lunch carrying on I was in a stand on a field where i could see the lot
sometimes the other hunters pushem when they come and go

OH if ya dont have maps check this link out:
http://www.dnrec.state.de.us/fw/wildarea11.htm

Edited by - DeBucks on 01/10/2002 17:53:33
Old 01-10-2002, 05:12 PM

OZOn3, I'd call down there as I don't think many bowhunting opportunities exist this late in the year at Bombay Hook. There is a portion that backs up to Little Creek WMA that is open, but the hunting is tough in there! I do believe Primehook, which is another hour south, has some hunting opportunities on Saturdays. Also check out Milford Neck WMA. Same topographic features as Bombay Hook and fairely good hunting. Even in the late season!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 06:54 PM

I see I was misinformed all areas are closed until the next gun hunt. So I guess I'll go to Mcginnis pond area right down the road from me. Thanks guys for all the info.