Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Coyote Planting in Pa...RUMOR >

Coyote Planting in Pa...RUMOR

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Coyote Planting in Pa...RUMOR

Old 11-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Host of Hosts

Default Coyote Planting in Pa...RUMOR

I heard a story from a guy at work yesterday. He told me after he returned from a Black Bear hunt in Pa, that he ran into a "TREE GUY"(forester) that his freind has known for years in central Pa that shot a tagged Coyote. He said the tag had a 1 800 phone number on it to report the kill. His buddy called the number and got a guy in Colorado who raises and sells coyotes. He gave the guy a ID number from the tag and said it was from a lot of 10 coyotes sold to State Farm Ins. Like the title says it is just a rumor at this point, but I will be checking into this more after deer season is over and I get more time. I'm looking into getting the contact phone number from the guy who shot the coyote.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote Planting in Pa...RUMOR

Do you truly think that State Farm would leave a paper trail?
Transfering domestic animals for stocking in other states is illegal
I think. I am not saying it couldn't have happened, but I doubt that
a corporation like State farm would leave an obvious evidence trail to themselves.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Host of Hosts

livbucks, I am finding it a bit hard to beleive too,that's why I said in the title and first post "rumor",but I'm still going to research the phone/tag number. If the guys involved don't produce it I'll know it's just a made up story. If they produce it I'll call around.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really doubt ins companies,the PGC or anybody else stocked yotes.Although if DCNR did it I wouldn't be surprised.
I think they took hold in PA expanded and here they are.The buggers are very smart and hard to kill so naturally the population will grow.As long as there's food.
One thing I have noticed about the yotes.My land was previous strippings and great rabbit habitat and used to have loads of rabbits.Then we started seeing and hearing coyotes.Guess what?No more rabbits.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

No offense to you guys in Pa., but you will believe anything. I have been hearing various stories about the Coyote stockings for ten years. There must be a new generation of suckers that comes along at yearly intervals. Again, no offense. From the replies that have been posted most of you in Pa. don't fall for these stories but I am constatnly amazed by how many keep repeating them.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was on here last year. There was also another story about tractor trailer loads being let out all at once. They were saying that montana traded coyotes for turkeys...... Its all rumors. just like school days. People like to tell stories to be heard. I still think that is what happened with the mountain lions in NY. Someone got the ball rolling and now look at it.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD

No offense to you guys in Pa., but you will believe anything. I have been hearing various stories about the Coyote stockings for ten years. There must be a new generation of suckers that comes along at yearly intervals. Again, no offense. From the replies that have been posted most of you in Pa. don't fall for these stories but I am constatnly amazed by how many keep repeating them.
No offense taken, at least in this corner. You are right on target. There are those out there that live for one more conspiracy theory. Many of them live in PA.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

This old wives tale has surfaced here and been proven to be just another storyseveral times. Last time it was Allstate in the story. It just aint so. Several posters here that are involved in the insurance industry all agree that insurance companies are not concerned with deer claims any more than the state lottery is worried about someone buying a winning ticket.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

No disrespect intended but this rumor is not only laughable but uttlerly ridiculous.A similar rumor was posted earlier this year and in prior years.

As I've stated in prior posts I spent most of my adult life in and around the insurance industry.I was directly involved in day to day field claims(A Road Dog).I think I've got a little insite on the subject.Long story short they increase rates/premiums based on risk factors and loss ratios in a given area or state.

They also might lobby for changes in code,statute etc..BUT - Trust me and other insurance guys on this MB - They do not get involved in "planting yotes" in PA.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just goes to show ya, for every rumor there's a sucker ready to believe it!

Quick Reply: Coyote Planting in Pa...RUMOR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.