Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Stolen Buck

Old 11-24-2005, 02:23 AM

Default RE: Stolen Buck

If it took him 3 hours to track a deer 60 yards through some rock outcrop well I just dont get it. Maybe someone waited at the dead deer for a few hours and then gutted it and took it out. Seems like what probably happened. A stolen deer is one taken from the back of your truck,or off your meat pole,etc...

Old 11-24-2005, 04:24 AM
Host of Hosts

If it took him 3 hours to track a deer 60 yards through some rock outcrop well I just dont get it.
That's the same thing I was thinking.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear he didn't recover it in time. Well if the bullit didn't kill em the fall surely did.. If he was that close than he should have heard the guys talking while they gutted and dragged it. What about the heave-ho to get it up in their bed. Sounds like it wasn't stolen, but found.[&o]
Old 11-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like we lost a few details somewhere in the story.....the deer was 20yds away.......the rocks were 50-60 yds from the deer..thats only 70-80yds away all together.......i dont care how thick and nasty it may be...if your not blind your going to see and hear what way the deer runs off.....hows that going to take hours? sounds like the deer died within 100yds if all this is true.......i just cant see a 100 yard or less trail takin more then 10 mins to follow.....exspecially hit with a 7mag at 20yds.....i deer hunt up close and personal with the 3006....and most drop stone cold dead from a lungshot....had one run 20yds into a bunch of trees and barely able to make it that far........one magical deer on roids made it 80yds with a hole the size of my fist in it and now lungs heart or shoulder left.......it was a mess....you needed hip boots to cross the blood trail......but we watched it run through brush and bolders the whole way...even after it fell and rolled down a mountain side....just seems somehow someone lost a few details of the story.......i wouldnt call this buck stolen......id call it lost...stolen is just an assumption thatcant really be made.......youd be surprised that a rifle shot may went unheard.......heck....that gutpile may not even been from the same deer!!!! he lost the trail you said....for a few hours......could been someone elses trail he picked up and followed it to their gutpile from a diffrent deer!!! i want more details.....just dont add up any way you try