Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Bow...

Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Stolen Bow...

I recently had my bow stolen from the back of my truck. I don't keep a back-up bow and sold my old one about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have any suggestions on a bow that could be bought slightly inexpensively and that could be easy and quick to set-up?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Stolen Bow...

Check with your insurence company, homeowners if you have it and your car insurence too. Might have to pay a deductable but it's woth looking into.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Not trying to be a smart arse, but why on earth would you keep your bow in the back of your truck
Old 10-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

No kidding. I keep mine in the trunk of my car. Go ahead id like to see someone try to break into my car to get it
ORIGINAL: snake123

Not trying to be a smart arse, but why on earth would you keep your bow in the back of your truck
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 AM

That sucks Dude.......
I would try and get a used one from a Pro Shop....maybe you can hook up for a few hundred
Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

All the pawn shops around here have a fair number of decent bows at good prices. That would be the first place I would check. Second, I would look at bow shops for rigs that have been traded in. You might get lucky.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:54 AM

YEa one of my freinds had that excat thing happen.He sold one of his muzzaloaders.He bought a matthews xt.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear it, I had my whole hunting trailer full of equiptment stolen last season. For about $3 month extra, my bow is now covered in full. Talk to your insurance company. if you have home owners or renters insurance you should be covered. Problem is time. My insurance company needed a police report, pictures, reciepts and the red tape took forever.
Once the insurance confirmed that I was covered, I borrowed the money to replace my stuff and get a bow working good. Lost a good deal of my season including the rut.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: snake123

Well i was late for work and had hunted that morning and thought i had put it in the house before leaving for work. Maybe this happened to teach me a lesson... MAKE SURE i clean out the back of my truck after a hunt.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 AM

EBAY!! there are tons on there, and if you take your time you can find a good one from a reliable person. I bought a back-up bow on there this past spring. Its worth a look.

Sorry bout what happened, if you find the guy, kick him in the nuts.

Quick Reply: Stolen Bow...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.