Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Michigan big buck STOLEN!!!!!!!!! >

Michigan big buck STOLEN!!!!!!!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan big buck STOLEN!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Michigan big buck STOLEN!!!!!!!!!

Read this post. A guy had a big buck stolen in Michigan. The poster is a freind of mine and this whole episode really P/O's me!!!!!!!
Somebody had to see this scumbag go bye on the snowmobile with the buck dragging behind, someone knows something!!! Send this link to any body you know from Michigan or add it to any boards you can find, lets get this buck back!!!!!
CLICK THIS LINK
http://www.bloodbro.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=4522#4522
Old 12-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Michigan big buck STOLEN!!!!!!!!!

That is very sad, I cannot believe someone would do that. I live just North of Grand Rapids and have heard nothing of it.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 PM

Oh man what a bummer. Please keep us posted on the situation.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help Guys.
Since I posted this link all over the place we have already had a few
good leads and the Warden is tracking them down. He says when he catchs this scum bag he can charge him with a felony since the buck was tagged at the time of the theft.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I sure am glad you got somewhere with it. Please keep up posted I would really like to know how it turns out!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep us updated. I hope they find the poor excuse of a human that did that. Sounds like the Michigan DNR is about as helpful as the DNR where I live.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea Rammer, I don't mind the DNR most of the time... I'm not illegal and they don't prohibit me from much. Sometimes when you need help though, It almost seems like they are working against ya!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, the sad part of the deal is 2 years ago I turned in some guys for spotlighting deer before rifle season. I thought it was one of my buddies out shining so we snuck up on them in the dark (in the pickup) and when we got real close to them we flipped on the headlights, just to discover it was someone I had never seen before. They pull up next to us and offer us a beer, we refuse the beer, and play "buddy buddy" with them. Come to find out they lived about 100 miles from my place, heard there were some big deer up this way, and were looking to kill a few of them. They already had 1 in the backend. So I take down their license plate as they drive away, call the DNR on my cell phone. They ask if I can keep an eye on them (their dispatch is a whole 20 miles away), So my buddy and I follow 'em around for about a half hour with our headlights off (full moon), finally my cell phone rings, its the game warden, he is "busy" and can't make it out. I have a few choice words with him (he is known as being lazy), and when I hang up I call 911. They dispatch a Hwy Patrolmen, and intercept these guys somehow in the middle of the country . The next day the game warden calls to do a follow up with me, turns out he didn't answer when he got a call from dispatch, and the warden from the next county over had to come take care of things for him. He wasn't too happy with me.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the same issues. I called on day on some illegal waterfowl activity on the lake I was trying to fish on. The SOB says he is OFF for the weekend? Oh man was I ever confused? He heard it from me the following Monday, sadly the poachers were long gone.[>:]
Old 12-21-2005, 01:37 PM

Yeah, I could relate similiar stories. Not sure how it is in other states, but here (at least in my County), we only have one officer for the entire county. The guy deserves time off as much as anyone else, so I guess there will always be times that lawbreakers will get lucky.

Quick Reply: Michigan big buck STOLEN!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.