Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Youth Hunt a Sucess >

MD Youth Hunt a Sucess

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Youth Hunt a Sucess

Old 11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Spike

Default MD Youth Hunt a Sucess

Well on the Maryland youth hunt me and my uncle headed out into the stand. We were in the stand and around 6:30 two does made there way across a field and right underneath my stand... after that farther back in the woods i saw a doe running and something chasing after it....After that in about 10 minutes i saw a doe running in to a openingbehind her was this monster... his head was down and trotting after this hot doe. I could'nt get a shot at first then the doe turned and came our way. She came into 50 yards with the buck on her tail... So the doe ran through an opening and so did the buck... when i saw the buck in the cross hairs i let a roungd go... The buck took off and ran 20 yards and pilled up
The buck is a 12 point that dressed out at 185 pounds it is the biggest deer of my life...
35 remington
200 grain core lock bullet
How do you load on the picture.......Please help me...

Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 PM

Default RE: MD Youth Hunt a Sucess

AWESOME! I am glad that you has success last Saturday! Keep it up in the future and don't forget to get your two does during the shotgun season.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck and can't wait to see pictures! My brother scored a nice 8 a few years back on the youth day.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:28 AM

Id say it was a complete success. I work midnights and promised my boy that I'd be home to pick him up by around 7 am. As luck would have it, I got held up at work and didn't get to him until a little after 8 am. We didn't get in the woods until 9. At around 12:45, we saw a huge doe running our way. Directly behind her was another. We then saw why they were running. On their heels was a big buck, at least an 8 maybe a 10 pointer. They didn't stick around long and being a young hunter, my son didn't get a shot off. Once they left, I began hitting the doe bleat in an attempt to comfort the does into coming back. No such luck. With a little more bleating, however, we were able to interest another buck. This buck came in only 15 minutes after the larger one left with his girls. The boy dropped him in his tracks at 48 yards with a 20 Guage. This is his 3rd year hunting and his second deer (1st buck). Of all the deer I've taken through the years, being with my son when he's taken both of his has probably been the best.

Attachment (1)