Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Youth hunt-how was it ? >

Youth hunt-how was it ?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Youth hunt-how was it ?

Old 11-12-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Youth hunt-how was it ?

How did the young ones do ? Any luck with Sikas in Dorchester ?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Youth hunt-how was it ?

My 2 cousins, 3 of there freinds and i took our kids out today. 6 kids in all hunting if you could imagine. Went up to montgomery county for youth day. we all seen plenty of deer. My son got a doe and my cousins son got a 6pt buck. Our doe was just about as big as his buck. the kids seen plenty of deer and even shot off a few rounds. Had a blast.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bow hunted (Im 32) but I heard very few shots, maybe 4 the entire morning. I only saw 4 does my self and they ran into my woods kicked up from acrossed the road.....I thought it was gonna be an awesome morning in the woods but it turned out to be a bust! .......oh well beats working
Old 11-13-2005, 08:17 AM

Well Mossy, You sound like young enough ! Better luck next time !
Old 11-13-2005, 08:30 AM

I am coming over for the firearm season 26th, do you guys think there will be some action or movement with bucks at that time (Dorchester) or will they be nocturnal. Is this year different from last year (maybe later rut ?).
Thanks,
A.H.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Shotgun Opening day? there will be alot of movement. everyone and their brother will be out in the woods shooting at deer. That will keep em moving.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:03 PM

I had a great day shot my first buck a 9 pionter 142lbs saw 5 doe and another 4 pionter
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

It was a good day my son shot a doe in the early in the afternoon.
This is his second deer in 3 years, his first was a button buck with a bow 2 years ago.
[8D]
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 AM

Id say it was a complete success. I work midnights and promised my boy that I'd be home to pick him up by around 7 am. As luck would have it, I got held up at work and didn't get to him until a little after 8 am. We didn't get in the woods until 9. At around 12:45, we saw a huge doe running our way. Directly behind her was another. We then saw why they were running. On their heels was a big buck, at least an 8 maybe a 10 pointer. They didn't stick around long and being a young hunter, my son didn't get a shot off. Once they left, I began hitting the doe bleat in an attempt to comfort the does into coming back. No such luck. With a little more bleating, however, we were able to interest another buck. This buck came in only 15 minutes after the larger one left with his girls. The boy dropped him in his tracks at 48 yards with a 20 Guage. This is his 3rd year hunting and his second deer (1st buck). Of all the deer I've taken through the years, being with my son when he's taken both of his has probably been the best.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmb3739

Of all the deer I've taken through the years, being with my son when he's taken both of his has probably been the best.
aint that the truth.....Ive always said that if my girls get into hunting, I will gladly give up all of my hunting to allow them to have the experience of harvesting deer. No doubt about it!!

p.s. is your boy talking on the cell phone in that picture??? LOL!!!!

Quick Reply: Youth hunt-how was it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.