HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MD Youth Hunt a Sucess
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 06:28 AM
dmb3739

Default RE: MD Youth Hunt a Sucess

Id say it was a complete success. I work midnights and promised my boy that I'd be home to pick him up by around 7 am. As luck would have it, I got held up at work and didn't get to him until a little after 8 am. We didn't get in the woods until 9. At around 12:45, we saw a huge doe running our way. Directly behind her was another. We then saw why they were running. On their heels was a big buck, at least an 8 maybe a 10 pointer. They didn't stick around long and being a young hunter, my son didn't get a shot off. Once they left, I began hitting the doe bleat in an attempt to comfort the does into coming back. No such luck. With a little more bleating, however, we were able to interest another buck. This buck came in only 15 minutes after the larger one left with his girls. The boy dropped him in his tracks at 48 yards with a 20 Guage. This is his 3rd year hunting and his second deer (1st buck). Of all the deer I've taken through the years, being with my son when he's taken both of his has probably been the best.

Attachment (1)