Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New York to saskatchewan or alberta-Thanksgiving week 2005? >

New York to saskatchewan or alberta-Thanksgiving week 2005?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York to saskatchewan or alberta-Thanksgiving week 2005?

Old 11-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default New York to saskatchewan or alberta-Thanksgiving week 2005?

I hope this is an appropriate place to post my question. Ok this is my story I am fairly certainthat I want to hunt either sask/alberta this thanksgiving 2005(11/21-11/26). I know its late but things happen fairly quick in my life. I am looking for someone in the Northeast that is going up to hunt either of the 2 provinces(11/21-11/26) and know that their outfitter has an opening due to a last minute cancellation. I don't really want to go to a booking agent as I am sure I can get a hunt but the quality may not be what I am looking for. I am figuring that someone who made a reservation last yearand is going up to a reputable outfitter would be a better source of information. You can Pm me or email me atThanks Pete
Old 11-01-2005, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New York to saskatchewan or alberta-Thanksgiving week 2005?

If I was you, I would do your homework now, and pick the best outfitter you can find and book a hunt fornext year. These hunt cost alot of $$$$
Old 11-01-2005, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Yes I know these hunts cost a lot of money as I have been to saskatchewan and manitoba. I usually book a year in advance but couldn't last year as I wasn't sure what this year would bring. I was just hoping for some input from some members as you know their can be last minute complications with someones scheduled hunt. Thanks for the input Pete
Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the 2 pms/emails that I received with information. I got a couple of outfitters in sask. from a friend's friend in upstate NY. I figure since he has gone to these two outfitters and can vouch for them that I would follow up with them as they each have one opening thanksgiving week.LIAF