Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The local idiot

Old 10-31-2005, 11:08 AM

Default The local idiot

How many of you guys have a guy that you cringe when you see him comming? This one guy that hunts the area I also hunt has the most ridiculous stories ever, every year they get better and better. Every year he lies so bad that if you keep tabs on his stories he would have shot about a dozen 12 pointers and missed about 24 more 8 pointers while all his buddies he brings into the woods also shot about 6 large bucks..... meanwhile, he has the DEC acting like they are his best friend when all I think they are doing is keeping a close eye on him.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 PM

Default RE: The local idiot

not one but alot i went opening day for pheasant and could not belive my eyes one bird up in the air 10-15 shots go off and noone knows why they cant find the bird this went on all day
Old 10-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

SE pa full of them. I seen a guy one year on gamelands in a brown suede jaket bell bottoms and sneakers in the snow and it was like 20 degrees. He was runiing thru a valley stopping every 100 yards then yell there they go and fire a couple rounds. He walked up to me and said .WOW I seen 10 buck today all over 300 lbs.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmm youve got them to aye?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:46 AM

I love it when you sit quietly freezing your toes off in the morning only to have it reach prime time and the "idiot" spots you.. Walks to your stand and yells
"See Any Yet?"

you gotta love that

you also gotta love how the local idiot brings 15 of his buddies to the hunting spot and claims how they all shot 12 pointers opening day, yet you don't hear a single shot go off
Old 11-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a friend like that years ago. He came to work late one day and knew that I had been out hunting the rut. He came driving into the parking lot with his car door open before the car was shut off (ya know, dukes of hazzard style) and yelled "whatcha get?"

Knowing he would top whatever I told him, I told him I got a 12 pointer (lying my arse off of course) and he said "I got a 14 pointer!!"

I said "cool! What did you do with the meat?" He continued lying and said something to the effect of whatyou would never do with a dead deer. His BS was so vain and ridiculous that I took great pleasure in just hearing the stories.

Another friend I have like that always has great stories but if you hunt or fish with him nothing ever happens and he can never provide "evidence."

There is a lesson here though; if you choose to listen to these stories and act interested, they will buy you beer and whatever else just as long as you pay them the attention they crave.

Must be some kind of disorder...[&:]
Old 11-01-2005, 09:39 AM

funny how you say disorder.. I was thinking the same exact thing.. This one particular guy will talk himself in such a large circle he doesn't realize how he contradicts every story from one minute to the next. It's actually quite entertaining. But scary knowing there are people like this in the woods with loaded weapons!